Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 387
A Must Have For Any Aspiring Cook
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

20 RECIPES KIDS SHOULD KNOW is written by children, so it's appealing for children. The recipes include ones that any child will love such as mac and cheese, pizza, apple pie, and so much more! It's broken down into sections, so it's easy to find what you're looking for. There's Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizers, Main, Sides, Desserts, and More! The More section teaches the basics of baking bread and I think it's a skill all would-be cooks should learn.

The writing is done by 12 year old Esme and the pictures are taken by her 17 year old sister Calista. This sisterly duo is unstoppable in the kitchen and are an inspiration to children who are aspiring cooks. The pictures are colorful and bright and I can't wait until my daughter gets a little older so we can make the recipes together. Until then, I'll cook them for her and I can already tell they're going to be her new favorites.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to any kid who loves food and to cook. The recipes are simple and geared toward children, which makes it the perfect cookbook for them to follow.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account