Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 1548
Perfectly Executed
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

After reading just one of Cathryn and John Sill's About Habitats books (Oceans), I became a huge fan. I was excited and not let down in the least by this newest edition to their educational About Habitats series. Each painting is painstakingly done and, quite simply, beautiful. As in the other books in the series, every page captures the imagination and has an informative detail about forests and the creatures that live there, and captions detailing the species depicted. In the back of the book, one can find more information about all of the species on every "plate," as they are called, in the book.

I have to say that I think every one of these books should be part of a young child's education in science and wildlife. The way they are put together is just perfect for a young mind to begin to explore and acquire knowledge about the natural world. Highly recommended.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Mall

0.0 (0)
The year is 1991. Scrunchies, mixtapes and 90210 are, like,...

0.0 (0)
In Poems to Live Your Life By, Chris Riddell, political...
The Claires

0.0 (0)
Four beautiful girls. Quadruplets. They are not identical.But each is...
The Life Below

4.0 (1)
It was hard enough for Naomi to leave Leo,...
What He Hides

0.0 (0)
She wants the truth... or does she? They say...
The Shadows Between Us

0.0 (0)
Tricia Levenseller, author of Daughter of the Pirate King,...
Devil Darling Spy

0.0 (0)
It's 1940, and Sarah Goldstein is hiding in plain...

0.0 (0)
"more forgetting time. more midnight dances with yourself."...
The Upside of Falling

0.0 (0)
It’s been years since eighteen-year-old Becca Hart believed in...
More Than His Best Friend

0.0 (0)
She’s got a strict rule against dating. Could her...
Salty, Bitter, Sweet

0.0 (0)
A slow-burn romance in a cutthroat kitchen! There’s more to...
The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)

0.0 (0)
Set in the world of the New York Times–bestselling Winner’s...
The Winter Duke

0.0 (0)
She survived the curse. Now she must survive the throne....
Most Likely (Most Likely, #1)

0.0 (0)
From the creator of the hit TV series The Bold...
Look Both Ways

0.0 (0)
This story was going to begin like all the best...

0.0 (0)
Members of the secret mermaid community have learned to trust...

Latest Member Reviews

Little Women

">“Let us be elegant or die!” I’d like to confess up front, I avoided reading this book..."

N/A
"This book is about a boy named Widge, and he is an orphan, and he has a good personally. I..."

"Let's raise our imaginary sword and salute Brian Jacques who the is one of the greatest author beside C.S. Lewis..."

"If I were to rate this story on a scale of one to ten, I would give it a six,..."
Little Women

"I read and re-read my copy of The Little Women so many times as a girl, the cover fell off...."
Little Women

"“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents.” Everyone is no doubt familiar this opening line. It comes from Little..."
Journey of the Sparrows

"Reader reviewed by Jose haze meraz IF you wanna read a book full of action, the colorful texures of..."

"Reader reviewed by Dave If you have ever read Dave Pelzer's "A Child Called It", the story of Charlie will..."

"Reader reviewed by T.T.A Redwall is an epic book. After I read this, I spent the next two years fanatically..."

"Reader reviewed by J. Mitchell Marcy Lewis, a girl with a poor self-image and a slight weight problem hates gym..."
Little Women

"Reader reviewed by Sarima89 This is one of the most special books for me. It was the first one..."

"Reader reviewed by Amy Ward This book is so original.  I never thought I could read a book about an..."

"Reader reviewed by kathy Young Mary Lennox gets sent to live in her uncles mansion after her parents die. There,..."

"Reader reviewed by Godzgirl This book is about an orphan girl that goes to a manor to live. The..."

"Reader reviewed by Brea Mattimao is the 2nd book in the Redwall series by Brian Jacques.  Mattimao is the son..."

"Reader reviewed by Jinxie This book starts off mild and slow but soon tells the tale of an evil cat..."

"Reader reviewed by Dancerdork A time traveling good time. This is a stroty of a normal house cat taking his..."

"Reader reviewed by Rvnclw08 This was a awesome book.  A great adventure my whole family loves it.  It great for all..."

"Reader reviewed by A.G.Rent The Shakespeare Stealer is book filled with an internal conflict for the main character and these..."

"Reader reviewed by Jessica I thought the book was okay but totally not the best book I have ever read. ..."