Review Detail

Compelling and inspiring
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

N/A
Learning Value 

This is a book based on the real life story of how Navajo used their own language and a code they invented to confuse the Japanese and Germans during world war 2. The tragedy of it is how badly the rest of America treated these heroes who did so much to help the war effort.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

What Are Unicorns Made Of?

0.0 (0)
Have you ever wondered what unicorns are made of? Are...
Grandfather Bowhead, Tell Me a Story

0.0 (0)
Richly illustrated and lovingly told, this book is a warm...
Stanley's Toy Box

0.0 (0)
Everyone’s favorite hard-working hamster Stanley teams up with friends to...
Sing Me Forgotten

0.0 (0)
Isda does not exist. At least not beyond the opulent...
Peek-a-Boo Little Reindeer

0.0 (0)
In this adorable peek-a-boo board book with felt flaps, a...
Perfect on Paper

0.0 (0)
In Sophie Gonzales' Perfect on Paper, Leah on the Offbeat...
11 Paper Hearts

0.0 (0)
Perfect for fans of To All the Boys I've Loved...
shine your icy crown

0.0 (0)
“Make them rue the day they underestimated you.” ...
The Castle School (for Troubled Girls)

0.0 (0)
From New York Times bestselling author Alyssa Sheinmel comes the...
Kamala Harris: Rooted in Justice

0.0 (0)
Discover the incredible story of a young daughter of immigrants...
Follow Your Arrow

0.0 (0)
For fans of Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera, this is...
Paris Cat

0.0 (0)
A sassy cat from the back alleys of Paris believes...
The Last Hazelnut

0.0 (0)
When two woodland friends have a misunderstanding over who ate...
Down Comes the Night

0.0 (0)
He saw the darkness in her magic. She saw the...
Rescue

0.0 (0)
Six hundred and fifty-seven days ago, Meg Kenyon's father left...

0.0 (0)
“We are most courageous at our weakest; when we believe...

Latest Member Reviews

Jane Anonymous: A Novel

"JANE ANONYMOUS follows two timelines: one while Jane was captured for 7 months and one after she is back home...."
Jane Anonymous: A Novel

"Told from the perspective of a girl who was captured and escaped, JANE ANONYMOUS is a thriller of both physical..."
Deadly Little Secret (Touch #1)

" Camelia has a strange encounter with a boy whose touch literally saves her life. Thinking that she will never..."
Deadly Little Lies (Touch #2)

"Reader reviewed by Lisbeth Deadly Little Lies is the sequel to Deadly Little Secrets and definitely lives up to the suspense and..."
Project 17

"Reader reviewed by LunaMoth  loved this book! i finished it in two sittings, i could not put it down! It..."
Deadly Little Lies (Touch #2)

"Just when sixteen-year-old Camelia's relationship with Ben started to heat up, he leaves town. Ben has a certain paranormal..."
Project 17

"Reader reviewed by Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) Project 17 is a ghost story. Its about these high school students..."

"Sixteen-year-old Camelia's life has been nothing out of the ordinary until one night when Ben, a mysterious guy pushes her..."
Project 17

"Reader reviewed by WilowRaven As it happens at times, the synopsis of a book doesn't really do it justice...."
Blue Is for Nightmares (Blue Is for Nightmares #1)

"Reader reviewed by Lilibeth It begins with the nightmares. Trying to decipher what they mean, besides the obvious. That her..."
White Is for Magic (Blue Is for Nightmares #2)

"Reader reviewed by k It was a fanomanal book.Mabye not as good as Night World but then again i..."
Blue Is for Nightmares (Blue Is for Nightmares #1)

"Reader reviewed by Crimin Stacey Brown is not your normal teenager.  She casts spells of protection and remembrance, can predict..."
Project 17

"Reader reviewed by Kaycee Joy The main character, Derik, does not want to be stuck taking over his parents diner...."

"Reader reviewed by Book Sp(l)ot Until just a few months ago, Camelia's life was a pretty average teenage life: she..."
Project 17

"Reader reviewed by Becca      The book Project 17, by Laurie Faria Stolarz, is a great book  for those who..."

"Reader reviewed by Sara Ideas expressed/message/plot: From book jacket: SOME SECRETS SHOULDNT BE KEPT& Until three months ago, everything about..."

"Reader reviewed by kim Camelia is an ordinary teenagershe has a part time job, she gets along with..."

"Reader reviewed by BooksObsession I have mixed feelings about this book. I'll tell you now though, I really enjoyed it..."

"Reader reviewed by Kelsey In this touch novel, Camelia, has a normal life. When a new student, Ben, arrives to her..."
Project 17

"Reader reviewed by BooksObsession Project 17 by Laurie Stolarz Summary: Danvers State Hospital, the abandoned mental institution..."