Review Detail

What Do You Use To Help Your Body?: Maggie Explores the World of Disabilities
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

The book shows with full-page illustrations, created by Richa Kinra, various helpful aids used by people with special needs in different places and diverse professions. Through Maggie’s eyes, children see what aids help who in what way; thus valuing these devices as something helpful as well as accepting various disabilities as “these abilities”.
Good Points
Informative, helpful in teaching about diversity of culture and people, great illustrations, shows people with disabilities in positive light
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Bernard Makes a Splash

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story from textile designer and illustrator Lisa Stickley...
Wild Girl: How to Have Incredible Outdoor Adventures

0.0 (0)
Calling wild girls everywhere! Helen Skelton – adventurer, world-record breaker...
Stanley's Paint Box

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
The Unleashed

0.0 (0)
In the terrifying sequel to The Haunted, Hendricks discovers that...
Paint by Sticker Kids: Dinosaurs: Create 10 Pictures One Sticker at a Time!

0.0 (0)
Create pictures of 10 awesome dinosaurs... with stickers! ...
Tad
Tad

0.0 (0)
From Benji Davies, the award-winning creator of The Storm Whale...
Go Get 'Em, Tiger! (A Hello!Lucky Book)

0.0 (0)
The perfect picture book to celebrate every milestone from the...
A World of Opposites

0.0 (0)
From ALONE and TOGETHER to ABOVE and BELOW, Gray Malin’s...
The Voting Booth

0.0 (0)
From Stonewall Award-winning author Brandy Colbert comes an all-in-one-day love...
Now & When

0.0 (0)
For fans of Jenny Han and Christine Riccio comes a...
Dating Makes Perfect

0.0 (0)
The Tech sisters don’t date in high school. Not because...
Now That I've Found You

0.0 (0)
Now That I've Found You is a YA novel about...

Latest Member Reviews

Corpse & Crown (Cadaver & Queen, #2)

"Adding in the characters of Oliver Twist to the unique world of Bio-mechanicals created in the first book, this stand-alone..."
The Falconer (The Falconer #1)

"We follow 18 year old Aileana on a hard mission. She's the last of the Falconers, which means she is..."
Dearly, Departed (Gone with the Respiration #1)

"This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/2017/01/dearly-departed-by-lia-habel.html In 2195, Nora is living in New Victoria, a place..."
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)

"4.5 stars! This was definitely one amazing series. Worth reading for those who liked The Mortal Instruments and even those..."
Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School #2)

"From ballgowns and bowler hats, to parties and prototypes, Curtsies & Conspiracies will capture your attention, your mind and your..."
Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School #1)

"Gail Carriger should be in charge of the educational system. Imagine a world where young men learn the skills..."
Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3)

"I finally got around to finishing this series and I read it straight through, for the most part. It did..."
Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1)

"Okay. I admit. This book was kinda awesome. If you can get past the 100 or so pages of..."
Incarceron

"**spoiler alert** I loved it! So very fascinating and..."
Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly #3)

"What I loved: THIS is how you end a trilogy, my friends. Like a freaking BAMF. Seriously, I had my..."

"The Falconer is quite the genre mashup—a Victorian-era Scottish mythos-based paranormal YA, with just enough hints of steam punk to..."
The League of Seven (The League of Seven #1)

" In an alternate 1870s where First Nations people compose a large portion of the country, Archie's parents are..."

"Mystical. Magical. Some books just wrap you up in their spell. I know this is what happened..."

"Note: This review is of the British edition published by Gollancz. I've heard it might be different. What I..."
Something Strange and Deadly

"This book was amazing. It was well-written but it disappointed me at the same time. The story itself was so..."
Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School #2)

"I must be completely honest right up front – I’m a huge fan of Gail Carriger’s. I adored her..."
Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School #1)

"No dumbing down for a Young Adult audience in this wonderful start to the Finishing School series. Instead, the author..."
The Osiris Curse (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures #2)

"In Crilley's follow-up to "The Lazarus Machine," 'detectives' Octavia Nightingale and Sebastian Tweed jump right into another world-altering adventure, chasing..."
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)

"I would have to say out of all three books the third one was my favorite though I almost cried..."
Incarceron

" A refreshingly original piece. I'd initially been recommended it as a prime example of the budding Steampunk sub-genre, though..."