Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 1969
Crammed with Info, in a Good Way
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

A Place for Turtles examines the various ways humans have harmed turtles and their habitats and explores ways we can work together to help turtles gain back their environments and health. Each page also has a sidebar with information on a particular turtle species and how work has been done to help it survive. The front and back of the book have a helpful map that shows turtles species and their particular ranges in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The drawings are perfectly rendered and complete the package, making this book a valuable learning resource for helping your child understand human impacts, and it's particularly helpful for younger kids who may love this animal. I remember always being intrigued by turtles when I was younger, and so far, my girls both enjoy reading this book even if it is more like a textbook than a typical picture book!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Thomas Edison: Lighting the Way

0.0 (0)
Learn about the life of Thomas Edison in this early...
Cuddle Close, Little Koala

0.0 (0)
A reassuring bedtime story about the special bond between a...
Pete the Cat: 5-Minute Bedtime Stories: Includes 12 Cozy Stories!

0.0 (0)
Join Pete the Cat for 12 groovy, cozy stories perfect...
Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

0.0 (0)
Half-angel Trinity and her bonded gargoyle protector, Zayne, have been...
Ty's Travels: All Aboard!

0.0 (0)
Join Ty on his imaginative adventures in Ty's Travels: All...
Literally: Amazing Words and Where They Come From

0.0 (0)
A stunning non-fiction picture book about the origins of the...
Sabina: In the Eye of the Storm

0.0 (0)
As in Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl" and...
Ghost Wood Song

4.0 (1)
Sawkill Girls meets Beautiful Creatures in this lush and eerie...
My Love is All Around

0.0 (0)
Mommy Bear shows Baby Bear how love is all around...
I'm not a Mouse!

0.0 (0)
Olivia really doesn't like her nickname - mostly because it...
My Panda Sweater

0.0 (0)
The other kids may laugh, but I always feel safe...
One Day on our Blue Planet... In the Outback

0.0 (0)
From breakfast to dinner, dusk to dawn, children will love...
Mrs Bibi's Elephant

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story with a message as big as an...
The State of Us

0.0 (0)
"Dre and Dean have got my vote!"—Adib Khorram, award-winning...
My Calamity Jane

0.0 (0)
Welcome to 1876 America, a place bursting with gunslingers,...
Little Creeping Things

0.0 (0)
A compulsively readable debut with a narrator you just...

Latest Member Reviews

The (other) F Word: A Celebration of the Fat and Fierce

"3 Reasons You Need THE OTHER F WORD on your shelves: 1.) The list of contributors: The range of..."
The Strange True Tale of Frankenstein's Creator Mary Shelley

"What worked: This is a fascinating insight into the life of the author of Frankenstein. The beginning paragraph, when Mary..."
Boots on the Ground: America's War in Vietnam

"The conflict in Vietnam was horrible, contentious, and defined the 1960s in many ways. In order to give an all-inclusive..."
Votes for Women!: American Suffragists and the Battle for the Ballot

"A candid, comprehensive, and thoroughly researched look at the long fight for women’s rights—spanning nearly a century of history while..."
Project Semicolon: Your Story Isn't Over

""Stay Strong. Love endlessly. Change lives." --Amy Bleuel This suicide and mental illness awareness collection is made..."
The Infographic Guide to College: A Visual Reference for Everything You Need to Know

"As approachable as it is pragmatic, this college primer could largely double as a bite-sized approach to post high school..."
The Book That Made Me

"The Book That Made Me' is an anthology by several authors that tells about a book that influenced their life...."
Girling Up

"What worked: Encouraging info for girls on growing up. Mayim is like that cool older sis that tells you what..."
This Is Really Happening

"I wish I could accurately put into words how much I adored This is Really Happening. I didn’t..."
How to Be You: Stop Trying to Be Someone Else and Start Living Your Life

"Before reading this I had not heard of Jeffrey Marsh, but after reading this book I can tell you that..."
Courage & Defiance: Spies, Saboteurs, and Survivors in WWII Denmark

"Immersive, impactful and informative. This non-fiction account of World War 2 takes a somewhat more alternate angle than is usual—shedding..."
Kian and Jc: Don't Try This At Home

"KIAN AND JC: DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME is exactly what fans of the YouTube stars are hoping for: some..."
I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban

" “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” –Malala Yousafzai A momentously important..."
This Book Is Gay

"“Anyway, who gets to decide what’s “normal” and what isn’t? What a horrid, excluding word that is.” - James Dawson,..."
Animalium

"ANIMALIUM is a unique and beautifully illustrated book. Showcasing over 200 species in a museum-exhibit style, ANIMALIUM will educate young..."
Photos Framed: A Fresh Look at the World's Most Memorable Photographs

"With informative and easy to understand prose, this refreshing look at the world's most memorable photographs is a perfect choice..."
They Changed the World: Bell, Edison, and Tesla

"I learned a lot of new information about Bell, Edison, and Tesla. I always knew there was competition between inventors..."
Medical Marijuana (Issues That Concern You)

"Starting out with a personal story from a pioneer in the field of medical marijuana use, Emily Gibson, this book..."
Violence in the Media (Current Controversies)

"The Table of Contents is a great place to start in examining the content of the book. It is well-organized,..."
Living with Anxiety Disorders

"This is one of the best books about mental disorders that I've ever seen. I would highly recommend it to..."