Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction 2211
Great Human Body Reference for Little Ones
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

Not too long ago, a friend of mine told me a funny story about her 3-year-old son. He asked her if she had a penis, because his older brother told him that girls don't have penises, only boys do. Of course, my friend tried to explain to him that his older brother was correct, but he didn't believe her. He wanted to see proof! Oh, if only my friend had this book as a reference!

I cannot recommend this book enough. If you have a little one who has been asking tough questions--like where do baby's come from or what makes a boy different from a girl--then this book is perfect.

Not only does it tackle those questions with age-appropriate illustrations, but it also touches on all other aspects of the human body: the brain, our muscles, how we grow, how we breathe, what happens when we break a bone, and more. The interactive pop-up pages make it even easier for kids to learn and process all the amazing wonders of our bodies.

If you plan on teaching your kids that babies are delivered to your doorstep via a feathered friend, then this book might not be for you. But if you want to teach your kids the real facts about the human body (while keeping it age-appropriate) then I highly recommend it!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

My Love is All Around

0.0 (0)
Mommy Bear shows Baby Bear how love is all around...
I'm not a Mouse!

0.0 (0)
Olivia really doesn't like her nickname - mostly because it...
My Panda Sweater

0.0 (0)
The other kids may laugh, but I always feel safe...
One Day on our Blue Planet... In the Outback

0.0 (0)
From breakfast to dinner, dusk to dawn, children will love...
Mrs Bibi's Elephant

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story with a message as big as an...
The State of Us

0.0 (0)
"Dre and Dean have got my vote!"—Adib Khorram, award-winning...
My Calamity Jane

0.0 (0)
Welcome to 1876 America, a place bursting with gunslingers,...
Little Creeping Things

0.0 (0)
A compulsively readable debut with a narrator you just...
Fae's Deception (Queens of the Fae Book 1)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Brea Robinson is a murderer. That’s what everyone tells...
The Forgotten World (The World Apart Series Book 3)

0.0 (0)
Clark thought he knew what grief was. Addie thought...
Artemis Fowl: Guide to the World of Fairies

0.0 (0)
This beautifully illustrated novel is a compendium of Artemis Fowl's...
The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)

0.0 (0)
Les Misérables meets Six of Crows in this page-turning...
Personalized Notebook Doodles Adorable Pets Coloring Book

0.0 (0)
From hamsters and hermit crabs to cats and canaries, you'll...
The Last Summer

0.0 (0)
For the first eleven years of their lives, neighbors Lila...
The Falling in Love Montage

0.0 (0)
Two girls embark on a summer of montage-worthy dates (with...
Super Puzzletastic Mysteries: Short Stories for Young Sleuths from Mystery Writers of America

0.0 (0)
Bestselling author Chris Grabenstein and the Mystery Writers of America...

Latest Member Reviews

The Falling in Love Montage

"THE FALLING IN LOVE MONTAGE is a beautiful YA contemporary romance that follows Saoirse (Seer-sha). Saoirse speaks to the reader..."
The State of Us

"THE STATE OF US is a really fantastic YA contemporary romance that follows the children of two political rivals. Dean's..."
Felix Ever After

"Felix has never been in love, but he wants to be. He wants the experience of opening your heart, having..."
The Sullivan Sisters

"Eileen, Claire, and Murphy Sullivan used to be close. They had their special traditions, their shared laughs, and their shared..."
The Summer of Impossibilities

"THE SUMMER OF IMPOSSIBILITIES is a YA contemporary about friendship in the vein of THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS...."
Dear Universe

"DEAR UNIVERSE follows Chamomile (Cham) during her senior year. She is trying to focus on living this year to its..."
A Constellation of Roses

"I will admit, I went into this book knowing nothing. The cover and title caught my attention, and I'm so..."
This is My Brain in Love

"THIS IS MY BRAIN IN LOVE is a powerful YA contemporary romance about family, mental illness, and working hard to..."
Goodbye from Nowhere

"Kyle Baker loves the times he visits his extended family at the family farm. He brings his girlfriend Nadia with..."
Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe

"JUST A BOY AND A GIRL IN A LITTLE CANOE is a YA contemporary fiction that is primarily about character..."
The Fascinators

"THE FASCINATORS is an atmospheric YA contemporary fantasy. Sam is out in a rural Georgia town, where he is frequently..."
How to Quit Your Crush

"HOW TO QUIT YOUR CRUSH is a fun YA contemporary romance. The book follows Maya (Mai) and Anthony, who seem..."
The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly

"THE LIFE AND (MEDIEVAL) TIMES OF KIT SWEETLY is a delightful read about challenging gender bias and friendship. Kit Sweetly..."
The Lucky Ones

"THE LUCKY ONES is quite an emotional ride. The book follows May and Zach in alternating first person points-of-view. May..."
Meet Me at Midnight

"MEET ME AT MIDNIGHT is a book that reminds readers of all the possibilities and freedom of summer vacation. We..."
Salty, Bitter, Sweet

"SALTY, BITTER, SWEET is a book about family, forgiveness, grief, and following your passion. Isabella dreams of being a world-class..."
Most Likely (Most Likely, #1)

"MOST LIKELY is a fantastic YA contemporary about friendship. The book starts with a woman becoming president and reflecting back..."
A Very Large Expanse of Sea

"Reviewed for YA Books Central A book that should be on every teen's shelf. ..."
Serious Moonlight

"Birdie and Daniel has the most awkward first encounter. So when Birdie started her job in a historic hotel, she..."
Ghost Boys

"I always struggle to review these types of novels--these black lives matter, civil rights-esque novels. I often go into them..."