Review Detail

5.0 2
Kids Fiction 1307
A good vampire story
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Reader reviewed by from Amazon

For as long as there have been men, there have been creatures who prey on them, vampires, werewolves and others of that ilk.

Darius Creed is a Hunter, a special breed of human charged with the protection of all humans from the darkness lurking everywhere. He is long-lived and comes from a long line of Gypsy Royalty.

In modern times, most humans have forgotten the old lore, how to protect themselves against the darkness, all those except the Gypsy people who follow the old ways. Hunters in modern times are hard to come by, but they are needed, for a great battle is about to commence and only the Hunters can stop the powers of Darkness from attempting the Dolmage - Armageddon...

This book had a bit of everything, romance, adventure, mystery, horror, action, it was a difficult book to put down. As I was about half way through, I was thinking to myself, "I wish Selena (Creed's lover) was more involved in the story," and shortly thereafter, my wish was granted, although not in the way I expected! Selena is pivotal to the plot, even though she is not involved so much in the action.

My one niggle, and it is a niggle, although the story more than makes up for it, is that the layout of the book was a little odd. There were no spaces or indents between paragraphs. I'm not sure if that's the way the author meant it to be, or if it was a mistake at the printers.

Even with that, it's a good book and an interesting read if you like vampire stories with a bit of magic and romance thrown in.

---

Reprinted here with author's permission.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account