Review Detail

Kids Fiction 172
Overall fun PJ Masks adventure
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

PJ MASKS SAVE LUNCHTIME! is a cute picture book based on the TV show. Gekko, Catboy, and Owlette are excited for lunchtime, when they plan to celebrate Gekko's birthday, complete with a lizard cake. However, when they get there, they find that the lizard cake has been stolen by the Ninjalinos. When they go to retrieve it, Catboy will distract the Ninjalinos with a game of musical chairs while Gekko and Owlette steal the cake back. However, Catboy gets distracted by the proffered prize. Will they still be able to get the lizard cake back?

What I loved: This was a silly fun story appropriate for the preschool crowd. There is just the right amount of cake and musical chairs action for this age range, and the images from the show are great for fans. The story is set up with the PJ Masks characters and how they transform, which is helpful for children who may not already be familiar with the show. The lunch notes at the end are some extra schoolyear fun for parents and little ones to share.

What left me wanting more: As a small point, I would have liked if they hadn't gotten revenge with the cake, turning it around on the Night Ninja, and instead would have deployed it separately (or laughed at him when it got all over him), but it does have some appeal for young children and lessons about karma.

Final verdict: A solid PJ MASKS story, PJ MASKS SAVE LUNCHTIME! is a cute picture book that brings the show to life in a book. Recommend for preschool and young elementary school aged readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account