Review Detail

Kids Fiction 216
beautiful story of loss and grief
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

IF YOU MISS ME is a beautiful picture book about loss, love, and grief. Charlie loves to dance, and she especially loves to dance with her grandmother under the moon. Other nights, they make wishes. When Charlie moves to the city, her grandmother tells her to look at the moon when she misses her, and she will be looking at the same moon, missing Charlie. Charlie continues to dance and tell her grandmother about her dances from a distance. Then, one day, her grandmother passes away, and dance is just not the same. Eventually, Charlie remembers what her grandmother said about the moon, and when she sees the moon, it is like she is dancing with her grandmother again.

What I loved: This is a beautiful story that speaks to the heart and reminds readers that those who have died are not truly lost. They live on in our memories. The illustrations here are gorgeous, capturing Charlie and her grandmother's emotions and love throughout. The dancing connection was beautiful, showing something they shared that becomes harder in grief but ultimately brings their happy memories back. For children who have lost a loved one, this book can help them to focus on the connections and memories they have to help with their grief.

Final verdict: A lovely picture book about grief and love, IF YOU MISS ME is a beautiful and heartfelt story about a granddaughter and the memories she will always carry of her grandmother. Recommend for children who are dealing with loss.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account