Review Detail

Nerds Unite!
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

A KID'S GUIDE TO FANDOM is exactly what it says and is full of anything and everything nerdy. From cosplaying, to video gaming, to writing fan fiction, this book has all of the answers a child might have when embracing their nerdy side. It's divided into different sections depending on what kind of nerd you're looking at being.

There's the art section which is writing fan fiction or drawing. Then it explains cosplaying and the different types. Next is podcasting, which I had the opportunity to learn more about. Then video gaming, which reaches a lot of children these days with games like Fortnite. Finally, the author talks about how amazing and accepting the nerd community is. It's important to build each other up and this book shows that.

Where was this book when I was a child? It's one of the coolest books I've come across. This is perfect for anyone who loves nerdy things and want to pass it on to their children. I love the blank areas in the back for children to also embrace their creative side.

Final Verdict: Overall, this is the perfect book for children who are on the nerdy side and want to know what else this world has to offer. It also encourages them to be creative and I would recommend it to anyone even just a little nerdy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account