Review Detail

Kids Fiction 218
cute and interactive board book
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

BABY'S FIRST FARM takes readers on a delightful lift-the-flap journey around the farm. The board book is a simple story of visiting different places around the farm and checking to see which animals live inside them. The pages include two flaps, a smaller one that shows the baby animal with sounds, and then a larger one that reveals more animals. For instance, the book includes the henhouse, pigsty, cowshed, and more. The book also instructs young children to say hello to each of the animals.

What I loved: This is a great interactive book for young readers, who can turn the flaps, enjoy the animal sounds, and say hello to each of the animals. The animals featured on each page are colorful and fun to look at. Including the baby animals is sure to appeal to young readers as well. The female farmer taking us around is also a fun touch.

The text is easy to read from a distance, nicely clear and bold. The amount of text on each page is great for young attention spans, and the pages turn quickly. This would work well for older infants through young preschoolers.

What left me wanting more: As a very small thing, all the animals are female with their babies, and I appreciate when a book shows both male and female animals taking care of little ones. The flaps are thick as advertised, but the connections are thinned a bit, so this does make it possible for strong children to rip them.

Final verdict: A cute exploration of animals on the farm, BABY'S FIRST FARM is an interactive lift-the-flap board book that infants and toddlers will enjoy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account