Review Detail

Kids Fiction 275
cute board book with lift-the-flap appeal
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

WHO ATE MY FRUIT? is a cute, simple, and colorful lift-the-flap board book. Cat is hungry and wants to eat some of his fruit. When he goes to eat it, he finds that one of his friends is already eating it. At the end, he is upset because all of his fruit is gone, but his friends have another surprise for him - a fruit salad they made!

What I loved: I really love the inclusion of fruits in this, as healthy foods are always great examples to set for young readers. The flaps are nice and simple, with each being about half a page. It's also an interesting mechanism here - with the flap down, you can see the piece of fruit, and when it lifts, the half of the fruit on one page transforms into the whole animal friend with the view underneath. For instance, we see the pear, and then list the flap to see that the left side of the fruit is the back of seal, who is eating the pear. The text is simple and portrays dialogue, such as Cat asking who ate the pear and then seeing that it is seal and remarking that it is okay because he has more. These simple phrases and colorful animals/fruits are great for young readers. The flaps are also nice and sturdy so will stand up to some strong children.

Final verdict: Overall, this is a cute board book that leverages lift-the-flap fun for a simple and fun story.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account