Review Detail

Kids Fiction 129
great animal photographs
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

BE OUR GUEST! is a colorful book of photographs. The book takes us to a hotel, where a monkey named Maurice is there to greet us and show us around. We meet the owner, a lion, visit the lobby and get a key from a wallaby, before visiting our room, the pool with penguins, and then going to a party with plenty of sweets.

What I loved: What really shines here is the photographs featuring real animals. There are a large variety of them too, including a camel, penguins, flamingos, and a pig. I appreciate the message on the back that says that the animals are treated humanely, and for the most part, they seem to be behaving just like animals. The photos also feature lots of bright colors and beautiful hotel scenes. A particular favorite with my toddler is of the monkey eating the remote.

What left me wanting more: The text is mostly descriptive of the scenes and does not seem to flow well as a result. The puns on the animals/their actions are clever at times though.

Final verdict: A great board book for toddlers who love animals, BE OUR GUEST! is a lovely photographic journey with great diversity of animals and plenty of bright colors.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
Movies, mansions, and murder in the Golden Age of Hollywood!...
Kamala and Maya's Big Idea

0.0 (0)
Meena Harris debuts with an empowering picture book about two...
Harvey Holds His Own (The Harvey Stories, #2)

0.0 (0)
The West Highland Terrier that brought Harvey Comes Home to...
Everything I Thought I Knew

0.0 (0)
A teenage girl wonders if she’s inherited more than just...
The Morning Flower (The Omte Origins, #2)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking returns to...
The Hunt

0.0 (0)
Death marked her from her very first breath. Being...
Swallowed by a Secret

0.0 (0)
One dead father. One lying mother. ...
Circus of the Dead Book One

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
There are many ways to die at the Circus...
Roaring

0.0 (0)
Colt Clemmons is an agent in a specialized division...
Court of Lions

0.0 (0)
Court of Lions is the long-awaited second and final...
More Than Just a Pretty Face

0.0 (0)
For fans of Becky Albertalli and Jenny Han, a...
The Adventurers Guild: Night of Dangers

0.0 (0)
After the events at Llethanyl, city of the elves, Zed...
And Then I Turned into a Mermaid (And Then I Turned into a Mermaid, #1)

0.0 (0)
For fans of Emily Windsnap and Maybe A Mermaid, And...
After the Worst Thing Happens

0.0 (0)
Left reeling after her thoughtless mistake causes a terrible accident,...
Hirana's War: Book Two in the Eloia Born Series

0.0 (0)
Praise for Eloia Born “Loved it! A well-written narrative...
Hans Christian Andersen: The Journey of His Life

0.0 (0)
"If you like, I’ll tell you the story of a...

Latest Member Reviews

Ghost Boys

"Jewell Parker Rhodes writes electrifying middle grade stories that pack emotion into every sentence, and GHOST BOYS showcases that skill..."
Ghost Boys

"I always struggle to review these types of novels--these black lives matter, civil rights-esque novels. I often go into them..."
Efrén Divided

"Efrén and his family work very hard, but still struggle to make ends meet. His father works several jobs, and..."
Worse Than Weird

"Mac lives with her parents, Hank and Coral, in a small house in Portland. Small, as in she sleeps in..."
I Can Make This Promise

"I CAN MAKE THIS PROMISE is a moving middle grade contemporary fiction about trusting your parents, finding your heritage, and..."
Pip and the Bamboo Path

"PIP AND THE BAMBOO PATH is a gorgeously illustrated story about finding a home with important messages about deforestation and..."
8 Notes to a Nobody (Bird Face book one)

"This is the first book in Cynthia T. Toney’s Birdface series which follows Wendy, a young Louisiana teen, through her..."

"The main character, Wendy, is realistic and sympathetically portrayed, so much so that the book drew me in and transported..."
Sea Prayer

"This fictional picture book, inspired by the tragic death of three-year-old Alan Kurdi's tragic death on a Turkish beach, follows..."
Dangerous Jane

"Following Jane Addams life from her well-to-do but uncomfortable childhood, we see that she was interested in helping the underprivileged..."
Click'd

"Allie has an amazing time in the CodeGirls Summer camp and is really excited about the app she has created,..."

N/A
"Thirteen-year-old Wendy Robichaud has a lot going on in her life. She's quiet and artistic, but usually lets her own..."
Slacker

"Cameron lives to play video games, but when he is so concentrated on one that he doesn't take a casserole..."
A Handful of Stars

"What do dogs, bees, and blueberries have in common? Admittedly, not much at first, but to a young girl named..."