Review Detail

good lift-the-flap book for early readers
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

HAPPY EASTER, BISCUIT! is a lift-the-flap Easter egg hunt featuring Biscuit. The little girl and Biscuit are on the hunt for Easter eggs, which are hidden all over. Each page spread features 1-2 lift-the-flaps to search for eggs, though sometimes Biscuit finds something else, such as Daisy the cat or an Easter bunny. At the end of the hunt, the basket is suddenly empty. Where did the Easter eggs go? Biscuit found his own special hiding place for them.

What I loved: The text is really simple and great for early readers. The storyline is very simple and will appeal to very young listeners. Biscuit is as cute as ever, with plenty of antics and giggles along the way. The flaps are frequently found throughout the book, with plenty to lift. This is a great non-religious book to celebrate the holiday. The flaps will sometimes reveal more text, and both sides of each flap are printed on for an extra dose of color and fun.

What left me wanting more: As a small note, the flaps are glued onto the page and are rather thin in construction. For young children (those who often rip-the-flap books), these will be easy to tear.

Final verdict: Whether a current fan of Biscuit or new to his stories, this is fun lift-the-flap Easter-themed adventure. Young readers will enjoy searching for the eggs along with Biscuit. Early readers will enjoy the clear font and easy-to-read text.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Chasing Starlight

0.0 (0)
Movies, mansions, and murder in the Golden Age of Hollywood!...
Kamala and Maya's Big Idea

0.0 (0)
Meena Harris debuts with an empowering picture book about two...
Harvey Holds His Own (The Harvey Stories, #2)

0.0 (0)
The West Highland Terrier that brought Harvey Comes Home to...
Everything I Thought I Knew

0.0 (0)
A teenage girl wonders if she’s inherited more than just...
The Morning Flower (The Omte Origins, #2)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking returns to...
The Hunt

0.0 (0)
Death marked her from her very first breath. Being...
Swallowed by a Secret

0.0 (0)
One dead father. One lying mother. ...
Circus of the Dead Book One

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
There are many ways to die at the Circus...
Roaring

0.0 (0)
Colt Clemmons is an agent in a specialized division...
Court of Lions

0.0 (0)
Court of Lions is the long-awaited second and final...
More Than Just a Pretty Face

0.0 (0)
For fans of Becky Albertalli and Jenny Han, a...
The Adventurers Guild: Night of Dangers

0.0 (0)
After the events at Llethanyl, city of the elves, Zed...
And Then I Turned into a Mermaid (And Then I Turned into a Mermaid, #1)

0.0 (0)
For fans of Emily Windsnap and Maybe A Mermaid, And...
After the Worst Thing Happens

0.0 (0)
Left reeling after her thoughtless mistake causes a terrible accident,...
Hirana's War: Book Two in the Eloia Born Series

0.0 (0)
Praise for Eloia Born “Loved it! A well-written narrative...
Hans Christian Andersen: The Journey of His Life

0.0 (0)
"If you like, I’ll tell you the story of a...

Latest Member Reviews

The Dark Tide

"THE DARK TIDE is an enthralling and atmospheric YA fantasy read. We follow Lina, a townsperson, and Eva, the witch..."
An Enchantment of Ravens

"I'm not very into reading fantasy (so I might not be the best person to review this). But I was..."
Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

"RAGE AND RUIN is a fantastic sequel in THE HARBINGER series. Picking up where the first book left off, we..."
Crave

"After the death of her parents, Grace comes to an Alaskan boarding school. Once there, she senses something is 'off'..."
The Archer at Dawn (The Tiger at Midnight, #2)

"THE ARCHER AT DAWN is a fantastic sequel in the THE TIGER AT MIDNIGHT trilogy. This second book picks up..."
Live Like Legends

"LIVE LIKE LEGENDS is an absolutely fantastic YA fantasy romance. We follow Kalista, who is a princess born to be..."
Bone Crier's Moon

"FEEDBACK There is honestly so much that happened in this book and I’m not quite sure where to start. First,..."
Crave

"CRAVE is a really engaging new YA fantasy/paranormal romance that follows Grace in the first person. Grace lost her parents..."
The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)

"The Queen's Assassin is a fantasy romance geared toward the younger YA reader. It is told from the first person..."
The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)

"THE MIDNIGHT LIE is a lush and atmospheric YA fantasy. The book transports us to another world, where people are..."
Defy the Sun (The Offering Series, #2)

"DEFY THE SUN is a fantastic conclusion to this YA fantasy duology. This book picks up right where the first..."
The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)

"THE QUEEN'S ASSASSIN is a YA fantasy romance that would appeal to younger YA readers. The book follows Shadow and..."