Review Detail

Kids Fiction 214
delightful hide-and-seek experience
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

LET'S FIND THE DINOSAUR is a really fun lift-the-flap board book. T-Rex is hiding, and we must go look for him. Different dinosaurs are found along the way, featuring a pterodactyl, a diplodocus, and others. The pages alternate between felt flaps and cut-outs going to the felt, such as the cut out scales on stegosaurus's back, through which toddlers can touch the felt.

What I loved: This is a clever and delightful book for young readers. The premise is simple, but little ones love peekaboo, and this is no different. The felt flaps are a really nice touch, and they are quite sturdy/tough for strong toddlers to remove. This book is fun to feel and touch between the flaps and the cut-outs that make it a delight for young readers to experience.

The illustrations are fantastic- many bright colors and featuring the cutest dinosaurs. Children will enjoy looking for T-Rex. Another great thing about the book is that it gives hints for how to find T-Rex, such as noting the similar features that T-Rex has to the other dinosaurs, which you can see peeking out of the flaps, and leading to following T-Rex's footprints behind the eggs. These leading examples help with pattern recognition and deductive reasoning, at a very early level.

The font is easy to read, and the pages are nice and thick, making them easy for little ones to turn on their own. This is a book that is great for toddlers to explore on their own and to share with caregivers.

Final verdict: LET'S FIND THE DINOSAUR is a delightful lift-the-flap hide-and-seek adventure for toddlers and older infants. Brightly colored dinosaurs, fun to touch flaps, and pattern recognition make this a great choice for young readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Finding Junie Kim

0.0 (0)
Junie Kim just wants to fit in. So she keeps...

0.0 (0)
Speak enters the world of Gossip Girl in this modern...
Sister of the Bollywood Bride

0.0 (0)
For fans of Morgan Matson's Save the Date comes a...
Nosotros Means Us: Un cuento bilingüe

0.0 (0)
A moving bilingual ode to the unshakeable bond between a...
Awakened Are the Starry-Eyed

0.0 (0)
A new city and unexpected freedom give Andrea the fresh...
A Brutal Justice

0.0 (0)
Protect the weak. Safety for all. Power without virtue is...
A Tale of Ashes

0.0 (0)
Across the country, human teens are going missing, and all...
The Captain's Daughters

0.0 (0)
What would you do if you were abducted by aliens,...
The Hollow Inside

0.0 (0)
Seventeen-year-old Phoenix has spent much of her life drifting from...
Truth or Dare

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Summervale… One of the USA’s top vacation...
Around Curiosity's Edge: Hidden Meridians

0.0 (0)
A hidden world waits, a dark society schemes, and a...
Spells Trouble (Sisters of Salem, #1)

0.0 (0)
Double double, twins spell trouble… ...

Latest Member Reviews

Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

"I really enjoyed Skyhunter, another winner from Marie Lu. Talin is a refugee and is mute. She is a Striker,..."
The Kingdom of Back

"Marie Lu’s The Kingdom of Back is an historical fantasy based on real-life talents, Wolfgang Amedeus Motzart and his sister,..."
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

"SKYHUNTER is an enthralling and lush YA fantasy. Lu really paints the story with her words, and this new novel..."
The Kingdom of Back

"Nannerl Mozart is a gifted musical prodigy. She's trained by her strict father, who hopes her talent will take them..."
Batman: Nightwalker (The Graphic Novel)

"BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER (THE GRAPHIC NOVEL) converts the YA novel by Marie Lu into graphic novel format. The plot remains the..."
Warcross

""Warcross" begins a fantastic new YA series from Marie Lu. Fans of the Legend trilogy will rejoice in this new,..."
Warcross

"Hello you guys! So I have read a few more books that I want to review (one is a reread)..."
Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons #2)

"BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER is all about Bruce's lifestyle before becoming Batman. With his parents dead, Bruce has come into a lot..."
Warcross

"I have never played the kinds of games mentioned in this book, or even anything similar, so I was a..."

"I will admit, Batman is not my favourite hero but I love Marie Lu so I was excited to see..."

"I am in love! The DC Icon series is turning me into a fan of superheroes, and Marie Lu's take..."
The Young Elites (The Young Elites #1)

"The Young Elites is a series best read cold--knowing anything about the plot might elicit expectations that won't be met...."