Review Detail

beautiful celebration of parent-child love
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

This gorgeous board book celebrates the parent-child bond in an absolutely stunning way. I'VE LOVED YOU SINCE FOREVER suggests that the parent-child bond stretches long before birth until the uniting moment of meeting. Written as a poem with excellent flow, the book also illustrates many animal parent-child relationships (e.g. parent deer and baby deer) that add extra appeal for young audiences.

What I loved: The language in this book is stunning, and the writing flows so beautifully. It is lovely just to listen to, and infants and young toddlers will enjoy hearing it. This also makes it easier and more enjoyable for parents to read. In the board book format, the page size is relatively small, but the images are large enough to enjoy and this makes it easy for little hands to hold. The font is sometimes in cursive (larger size) and in an easier to read font when smaller sized, making it also easy to read. As you can see from the cover, the illustrations are truly gorgeous, easy to enjoy for children and adults alike.

I would also like to mention that on the last page, there is a silhouette of a woman (longer hair and wearing a skirt/dress) and a baby that certainly gears this to the maternal crowd. However, the overall messaging/text does not specify/imply gender, and the animal parent-baby groupings could apply to fathers or mothers. This could be enjoyed by any parents to share with their babies/toddlers.

Final verdict: Perfect for baby shower, new parent, and related gifts, this lovely book is a delight to share with young children with an ultimate message of parental love. Baby animals, beautiful colors, and lyrically flowing text make this board book a win for parents and young children alike.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account