Review Detail

Kids Fiction 236
elegant holiday book
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

THE BEAR AND THE STAR is an elegant, Christmas-style book. Bear knows that it is time and so he finds a strong and tall tree and then bellows out the message to the world. All the animals and people head to the large tree under the star. It is time for peace.

Illustrated with painted strokes and deep, vibrant colors, the imagery is aligned with the winter season and creates an elegant picture book. While not outright religious/aligned with the holiday, the book is classified as a Christmas book, and it is easy to see why with the ultimate ending of peace set with a star and a message spread to all.

What I loved: Simple but elegant, this book will appeal to young children who will enjoy the soft words and vibrant illustrations as well as the many animals shown throughout. The snow falling over each image adds to the seasonal appeal.

Final verdict: Beautifully illustrated, this book has a simple message of peace and gathering that can be enjoyed by young children. With plenty of animals and things to look at, the book is an elegant and quick picture book read, great for the holiday season.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Rosenhart Book I 'The Sight'

0.0 (0)
"Be the Legend, Join the Quest" The Rosenhart...
Fabric of a Generation

0.0 (0)
For one teen, life's greatest adventure isn't time travel but...
Close Calls: How Eleven US Presidents Escaped from the Brink of Death

0.0 (0)
Historians tell the stories of tragic and untimely presidential deaths,...
Imber (Book One of The Thanatos Trilogy)

0.0 (0)
The locks are failing. The...
Awesome Dog 5000 (#1)

0.0 (0)
Marty, Ralph, and Skyler might make the ultimate secret combo...
Althea Gibson: The Story of Tennis' Fleet-of-Foot Girl

0.0 (0)
Althea Gibson was the quickest, tallest, most fearless athlete in...
The Big Game

0.0 (0)
Danny Owens is dedicating his seventh-grade season to his Super...
Race to the Sun

0.0 (0)
Lately, seventh grader Nizhoni Begay has been able to detect...
Suffragette: The Battle for Equality

0.0 (0)
Imprisonment, hunger strikes, suffrajitsu — the decades-long fight for women’s...
Catherine's War

0.0 (0)
A magnificent narrative inspired by a true survival story that...
Dangerous Alliance

0.0 (0)
Lady Victoria Aston has everything she could want: an older...
Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

0.0 (0)
Twins Stacy and Gina Cavallaro are on rival little league...

Latest Member Reviews

Girl at Heart

"I know better than to start a Kelly Oram book at bedtime. I know better, yet I do it with..."
Dating Nashville

"If you read the first series, Redefining Me, you got a glimpse at these characters and probably love them just..."
The F Word (Redefining Me book 1)

"'Dating My Best Friend' (former title: 'The F Word') by Michelle MacQueen and Ann Maree Craven delves deeply into themes..."
Pawns (The Wielders of Arantha)

"Pawns by Patrick Hodges is the first book in the Wielders of Arantha series. Complex and creative don’t begin to..."
The Reader

"I devoured The Reader by M.K. Harkins. There’s no other way to describe it. I read it in one sitting..."
Adaptive

"The story: Lune Avery has survived the Elite Trials and escaped the clutches of her tyrant father,..."

"This darker and grittier sequel of Issaura's Claws, steers readers on a journey outside the kingdom of Elysia into the..."
Winter's Captive

"YA fantasy has always been my favorite. However, the past few months, I'd been in a slump. I struggled getting..."
The Fractured Empire

"I don’t know where to start! The Fractured Empire by Robin D. Mahle is the first in the World Apart..."
Tin Men

"Tin Men by Amalie Jahn The story: After losing his estranged father, Charlie Johnson’s..."
Tin Men

"Would you risk your future to discover your past? What I Loved: The premise of..."
Perfectly You

"What I loved: Ivy's character is strong, driven, and even a bit inconsiderate at times. Giving her character flaws..."