Review Detail

Monster Mash!
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

N/A
When Fisher’s parents get a divorce, he finds himself with his mom back in her hometown. Even though he wants to make friends, his mom tells him their stay is only temporary. After meeting fellow Halloween lovers, Fisher feels like he’s right where he belongs. He’s asked to join a group called the Halloweeners but first he must prove himself. He has to help them win the annual trick or treat competition.

Since his mom grounded him, Fisher has to sneak around and is stuck being a ghost using a sheet. Out of fear of losing to the Pumpkinheads, the Halloweeners need to step up their game. They visit a house that’s said to once be inhabited by a witch. Here, they find a candy bar and the temptation is too much. Fisher’s three new friends stuff their faces, but he manages to resist.

After eating the bars, the three boys start going through a monstrous change and become the very monsters they’re portraying. They start to wreak havoc on the town and it’s up to Fisher to change them back before it becomes permanent. He finds an unlikely ally and uncovers secrets about the previous Halloweeners.

This is the second book in the Monsterstreet series and I enjoyed it just as much as the first. I love the Goosebumps vibe it gives me and it’s getting me pumped for the fall season. I love how these stories are creepy, but not so much that it’ll give children nightmares.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of horror, monsters, R.L. Stine, and friendship.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Once Upon a Crime: Batman Tales

0.0 (0)
Gotham City is filled with stories--of heroes and of villains,...

0.0 (0)
With Joanie Stone's colorful illustrations and Allison Crotzer Kimmel's inspirational...
Cracked Up To Be

0.0 (0)
The high price of perfection is one 'Perfect' Parker Fadley...
Finder, Coal Mine Dog

0.0 (0)
An action-packed and heartwarming story of a dog in the...
Bo the Brave

0.0 (0)
A feisty little girl learns who the real monsters are...
Double Trouble!

0.0 (0)
Mischief is multiplied when twins are around! ...
The Morning Flower (The Omte Origins, #2)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking returns to the...
The Derby Daredevils: Kenzie Kickstarts a Team: (The Derby Daredevils Book #1)

0.0 (0)
Ever since they can remember, fifth-graders Kenzie (aka Kenzilla) and...
Nina Soni, Former Best Friend

0.0 (0)
The first title in a new series featuring a lovable,...
Nina Soni: Sister Fixer

0.0 (0)
The second title in a humorous series featuring a charming,...
The Alchemist's Shadow (Watch Hollow #2)

0.0 (0)
Having defeated the Garr, a vicious tree monster who lived...
The Lost City (The Omte Origins, #1)

0.0 (0)
Amanda Hocking, the New York Times bestselling author of The...
Helen Keller: The World at Her Fingertips

0.0 (0)
When Helen Keller was a baby, she became sick and...
King and Kayla and the Case of the Unhappy Neighbor

0.0 (0)
A lovable dog helps his human girl solve a mystery....
Doodleville

0.0 (0)
Drew is just a regular artist. But there's nothing ordinary...
Glitch

0.0 (0)
From the critically acclaimed author of Float comes a new...

Latest Member Reviews

"One of the main things I loved about The Compound was Eli’s characterization. I find that most of the Young..."
The Raft

"The Raft is Robie's survival story in the waters of the Pacific. It has all that most stories has like..."
The Raft

"Initially intrigued by the undertaking that S.A. Bodeen tackled, that of making floating at sea in a dingy not only..."
The Raft

"Enjoyed this plane crash plot. Does anyone else have any suggestions of more plane crash books?"

"I love this amazing book."

"Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With silver bells and cockle shells, and people all in a..."

"Reader reviewed by darklightkid The novel starts with a little boy named Eli Yanakakis being hustled into a huge..."

"Reader reviewed by Th Flashlight Reader Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With silver bells and..."

"Reader reviewed by tay I picked up this book because it was reccomended for people who liked The Hunger Games,..."

"Reader reviewed by GBC After a nuclear attack six years ago, Eli and his family have been surviving underground in..."