Review Detail

Monster Mash!
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When Fisher’s parents get a divorce, he finds himself with his mom back in her hometown. Even though he wants to make friends, his mom tells him their stay is only temporary. After meeting fellow Halloween lovers, Fisher feels like he’s right where he belongs. He’s asked to join a group called the Halloweeners but first he must prove himself. He has to help them win the annual trick or treat competition.

Since his mom grounded him, Fisher has to sneak around and is stuck being a ghost using a sheet. Out of fear of losing to the Pumpkinheads, the Halloweeners need to step up their game. They visit a house that’s said to once be inhabited by a witch. Here, they find a candy bar and the temptation is too much. Fisher’s three new friends stuff their faces, but he manages to resist.

After eating the bars, the three boys start going through a monstrous change and become the very monsters they’re portraying. They start to wreak havoc on the town and it’s up to Fisher to change them back before it becomes permanent. He finds an unlikely ally and uncovers secrets about the previous Halloweeners.

This is the second book in the Monsterstreet series and I enjoyed it just as much as the first. I love the Goosebumps vibe it gives me and it’s getting me pumped for the fall season. I love how these stories are creepy, but not so much that it’ll give children nightmares.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of horror, monsters, R.L. Stine, and friendship.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account