Review Detail

Kids Fiction 157
fun yet simple book of self-confidence
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

I GOT NEXT is a picture book about self-confidence. A boy encourages himself to challenge the other kids who are playing to play him next. With fun though minimal dialogue about playing basketball and game faces, the book is really about encouraging yourself to make new friends.

What I loved: Always great to have books which feature diverse children, and this is a fun one. With minimal dialogue and colorful pictures, children will enjoy this brief read about basketball. The underlying messages are about self-encouragement and self-confidence. The text goes artfully with the images, and it is overall just plain fun.

Final verdict: This is a colorful and fun book about encouraging yourself to make new friends. With basketball and brief dialogue, children will enjoy making their own game faces and learning to say I GOT NEXT!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Naked Mole Rat Saves the World

0.0 (0)
Can Kit’s super-weird superpower save her world? ...
The Brokenhearted

0.0 (0)
teenage girl is transformed into a reluctant superhero and...
Brave Enough

0.0 (0)
Teenager Cason Martin is the youngest ballerina in the Atlanta...
I Wanna Be Where You Are

0.0 (0)
When Chloe Pierce’s mom forbids her to apply for a...
The Moment We Fell (Mystic Shores Series, Book #1)

0.0 (0)
Nothing good happens when people keep secrets. ...
The Hit List

0.0 (0)
The Los Angeles Conservatory for the Arts is supposed to...
Amelia Fang and the Barbaric Ball (Amelia Fang, #1)

0.0 (0)
A hilarious illustrated middle grade series for reluctant readers starring...
Amelia Fang and the Unicorns of Glitteropolis (Amelia Fang, #2)

0.0 (0)
The second book in a hilarious heavily illustrated middle-grade series...
Small World

0.0 (0)
When Nanda is born, the whole of her world is...
On the First Day of Summer Vacation

0.0 (0)
When school is out, it’s time to celebrate and have...
Ada Twist and the Perilous Pants (The Questioneers, #2)

0.0 (0)
An instant New York Times bestseller! ...
Bad Bella

0.0 (0)
Bella is the very best dog a family could ask...
Dear Justice League

0.0 (0)
Hello! Justice League here. Ask us anything! ...
Cracking the Bell

0.0 (0)
Friday Night Lights meets Concussion in this powerful and important...
Ghosts of Lock Tower

0.0 (0)
A haunted tower, an evil ghost, a monster spawned from...
Babies Can Sleep Anywhere

0.0 (0)
What better way to encourage a little one to sleep...

Latest Member Reviews

Teeny Tiny Ghost

"Be prepared to fall in love with the tenacious TEENY TINY GHOST in this sweet book, perfect for Halloween. The..."
Five Little Pumpkins on Halloween Night

"FIVE LITTLE PUMPKINS ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT is a cute board book that celebrates Halloween with a counting of pumpkins! In..."
Boo, Boo, I Love You! (Made with Love)

"BOO, BOO, I LOVE YOU! is a charming board book, perfect for fall. The book has a large, soft felt..."
The Littlest Witch

"Wilma the witch is so excited to participate in the broom flying demonstration for the Halloween Bash this year. However,..."
Future Astronaut (Future Baby)

"FUTURE ASTRONAUT is a completely charming and brightly colored book that compares astronauts to babies. For instance, astronauts eat from..."
Will Giraffe Laugh?

"When Giraffe wakes up, he feels grumpy and doesn't want to smile. His friends want to cheer him up so..."
Mama Loves Her Silly Goose

"Sandra Magsamen is back with Nursery Rhymes this time. Her signature format and bright, simple colors are perfect for any..."
Peep, Peep, I Love You

"PEEP, PEEP, I LOVE YOU teaches about the mommy and baby animals on a farm. It also has a foam..."
Our Little Love Bug! (Heart-felt Books)

"This adorable board book features touchable pages along with messages of love. The left side features large words and a..."
Good Night, My Love

""Good night my little monkey. It's time to close your eyes. Good night my little sunshine, Tomorrow you will rise."..."
Thank You, Stinky Face

"From the back of the book, "Share this loving message of thanks with your little Stinky Face!" THANK YOU,..."
There Was an Old Pirate Who Swallowed a Map!

""There was an old pirate who swallowed a map. I don't know why she swallowed that map but it wasn't..."
There Was an Old Mermaid Who Swallowed a Shark!

""There was an old mermaid who swallowed a shark. I don't know why she swallowed the shark, but it left..."
Beecause I Love You

"BEECAUSE I LOVE YOU is a cute and cuddly read that I really enjoyed with my daughter. "You're perfect to..."
The Littlest Valentine

"Emma and her family live for Valentine's Day. It is in their name after all. This year, Emma gets to..."
The Littlest Reindeer

"In THE LITTLEST REINDEER, Dot wants to help fly Santa's sleigh, but she's too small. Her family tries to help..."
Five Green And Speckled Frogs

"Five Green and Speckled Frogs is a fun sing-a-long book that keeps the kids engaged from beginning to end! ..."
You Are My Cupcake

"You Are My Cupcake is a must-buy! This book easily stands apart from all our children's books with its lovely..."
Fly Guy's Ninja Chistmas (Fly Guy #16)

"I loved FLY GUY’S NINJA CHRISTMAS it was cute and fun. Something I think the kids will absolutely love for..."
I Will Love You Forever

"I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER is a beautiful story about the love a parent has for their child. From the..."