Review Detail

Cute Story
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Turtle and Tortoise Are Not Friends is a cute children's book that kids will like simply for the fact that it's about turtles. The turtle and the tortoise are born around the same time in a pen but determine they can't be friends because they are different animals. So, they go about their lives on separate ends of the pen, trying to ignore each other.
Until they can't anymore because something happens and they realize they need each other's help.

The story is told in simple terms with certain exceptions. It relies a lot on the reader or listener to understand the passage of time and just how long years are in order to really be funny. Kids young enough to enjoy the book would have a hard time with that.
The images also lack vibrancy. I wish there'd been more color to keep a kid entranced.
But it's short enough that they won't get bored before the end. Stories about animals are always a hit and this one is no different.

Final Verdict:
A cute story of what it takes to become friends, told in an engaging style that's sure to entertain little ones.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

How to Make Friends with the Dark

0.0 (0)
Here is what happens when your mother dies. ...
Girl at Heart

0.0 (0)
As the daughter of a successful Major League pitcher, Charlie...
Serious Moonlight

0.0 (0)
After an awkward first encounter, Birdie and Daniel are forced...
Sway

0.0 (0)
In Kat Spears’s hilarious and often poignant debut, high school...
Scarlet Epstein Hates it Here

0.0 (0)
Meet Scarlett Epstein, BNF (Big Name Fan) in her online...
The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Renée Ahdieh returns with...
The End and Other Beginnings: Stories from the Future

0.0 (0)
Bestselling Divergent and Carve the Mark author Veronica Roth...
The Boy Who Dreamt the World

0.0 (0)
Adam is living the dream, literally.... There are two...
Colliding Skies

0.0 (0)
Since Skye Reilly can remember, she has been looking...
What Makes Us

0.0 (0)
A viral video reveals a teen’s dark family history,...
Dating Nashville

0.0 (0)
Becks: How does a straight guy accidentally come out...
Take the Mic: Fictional Stories of Everyday Resistance

0.0 (0)
A young adult anthology featuring fictional stories of everyday...
I Know When You're Going To Die

0.0 (0)
Leonardo Cantrell is a painfully shy sixteen-year-old who cannot look...
Dog and Rabbit

0.0 (0)
A funny, sweet story of unrequited friendship from the creator...
I'm Not Dying with You Tonight

0.0 (0)
Lena and Campbell aren't friends. ...
Symptoms of a Heartbreak

0.0 (0)
The youngest doctor in America, an Indian-American teen makes her...

Latest Member Reviews

I'll Give You the Sun

"I’ll Give You the Sun is a masterpiece of the Young Adult genre, perfectly incorporating the feel of what it..."
Cosmic Commandos

" Twins Jeremy and Justin, while identical, couldn't be more different. Jeremy is devoted to video games, disorganized, and mean..."
Short

"Julia Marks is an eleven-year-old girl starting her summer vacation without Ramon, the family dog who died unexpectedly of an..."
I Am Lucille Ball

"‘I Am Lucille Ball’ tells the story of how little Lucy overcame many obstacles to become the legend that she..."
Marked

"Phee’s world is turned upside down now that she’s at the rebellion base. Cash is still missing, possibly presumed dead,..."
Pilfer Academy

"George is known around his community for getting into trouble, and his antics capture the attention of the Pilfer Academy,..."
What I Thought Was True

"I adore Fitzpatrick's writing so I anticipated loving What I Thought Was True--what I didn't expect was how much I..."
Full Cicada Moon

"Mimi is not going to settle for less than her dreams. Despite the difficulties she faces after moving to a..."

"It's hard to find a book about plus size girls,but this book is good. Not the best but its good...."
Confessions of an Imaginary Friend

"Confessions of an Imaginary Friend is humorous and delightful. I laughed my way through this book, and it’s no surprise..."
Here Comes the Tooth Fairy Cat

"The concept was very cute and kid-friendly. Who doesn’t love the idea of a cute cat wanting to meet and..."
Roller Girl

"This review isn’t sufficient to list all the things I love about Victoria Jamieson’s Roller Girl, but I’ll try to..."
Nerve

"MY THOUGHTS This book was very fast-paced with a very dark plot! I really enjoyed reading this book! Vee..."
Nerve

"If you’ve ever been freaked out by something on the Internet, then Nerve by Seattle author Jeanne Ryan is the..."
What I Thought Was True

LW Lily Wannabee
"This is one of my favorite books I have read this year. The author is amazing! If you haven't read..."
I'll Give You the Sun

"Beautifully flawed characters and a story to stir the soul. One of the best YA books I've read in a..."
I'll Give You the Sun

N/A
"I have always heard amazing things from Jandy Nelson's first book "The Sky is Everywhere" and when I got a..."
I'll Give You the Sun

"What I Loved: This book is beautiful. I just cannot even with how amazing this book actually is. If you..."
I'll Give You the Sun

"What I loved: I loved how it wasn’t necessarily a love story — though, there is the cutest romance..."
What I Thought Was True

"Though I loved My Life Next Door overall and was really impressed with the characterization, I was equal parts anticipating..."