Review Detail

Dinosaur Bones!
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Library copy

Sassy and Waldo are super excited to go to the city museum (even though their boy, Stewart, is tired of going every year. But there be more than two lunches, possibly, so how can this go wrong? Ms. Twohey gives everyone a lot of rules to follow, and says that there will be an ice cream party if people are well behaved, so "Salty" is on his very best behavior, even if he occasionally doesn't understand things because "I am from Liver, Ohio!" The museum tour does get a bit boring, but not after the dogs decide to take off on their own, with a few of the students, and give a tour of their own that includes noshing on moon boots, lounging on tapestries, seeing the Squirreltown exhibit, and eating at the cafeteria. Eventually, their shenanigans are found out, but explained away, and everyone heads back to school, leaving the kerfuzzled guards to clean up the piles of fur.
Good Points
Why do you need to read these immediately and buy copies for any children in your life, especially if there are long car trips in their future? Here's why (pages 119-120):

"Hi!... This is the beef bowl station. Do you want a beef bowl for lunch?"
"I have never wanted anything more in my entire life," said Waldo, who was drooling slightly.

"What size do you want?" asked the lady.

"The largest possible size," said Waldo...

"Do you want cheese sauce on your beef bowl?"
Waldo had to lean against the sneeze guard to steady himself. It was too much. He was feeling faint.

"Yes, cheese," he said. "

Aside from this snort-through-your-nose writing style, there are Colin Jacks fun illustrations showing "Salty" navigating the museum in his trench coat. I love that absolute everyone is completely oblivious that Waldo and Sassy are dogs, especially since they are so obsessed with lunch and squirrels! I'm definitely looking forward to more adventures, although I hope that they include Stewart's delightgul, office supply obsessed parents!

I swear, Ms. Falatko has gotten inside my dog's head and replicates her every thought. So funny! Make sure you read Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School and Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident. This is a great series for readers who like Watson's Stick Dog books, Barnett's Mac B.: Spy Kid series, and any humorous notebook style novel.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Be Our Guest!

0.0 (0)
Join Gray Malin’s menagerie of wild animals for a stay...
Hat Tricks

0.0 (0)
Meet Hattie the magician―she’s a natural performer, and you’re invited...
Stanley's Toolbox

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
Spring Is Here!

0.0 (0)
When spring arrives, baby animals come out to play with...
10 Things I Hate About Pinky

0.0 (0)
The delightful follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s...
The Child of Chaos

0.0 (0)
This is what fantasy fiction should be." --Piers Anthony, New...
Want to Read Rate this book 1 of 5 stars2 of 5 stars3 of 5 stars4 of 5 stars5 of 5 stars Preview Star-Spangled: The Story of a Flag, a Battle, and the American Anthem

0.0 (0)
“O say can you see” begins one of the most...

0.0 (0)
July 20, 1969. It’s a day that has earned a...
Thurgood Marshall

0.0 (0)
When Thurgood Marshall—the great grandson of a slave—was born, African...
Down Under the Pier

0.0 (0)
There’s lots of fun to be had up on the...
Lali's Feather

0.0 (0)
This endearing story of identification and values shows the rewards...

0.0 (0)
Book three in a hilarious new series featuring one boy...

0.0 (0)
Everything starts with a question, like this one: Why do...

0.0 (0)
Worries, fears, and anxieties are all dragons that sneak up...
The Copycat

0.0 (0)
A funny, unpredictable, and heartfelt new novel from Wendy McLeod...
DC Super Hero Girls: Powerless

0.0 (0)
The DC Super Hero Girls learn what it's like to...

Latest Member Reviews

The Lonely Hearts Club

" 4.5 Stars! This was a fun and sweet read. Definitely for fans of contemporary ya books. Penny Lane..."
The Lonely Hearts Club

"4.5 Stars! This was a fun and sweet read. Definitely for fans of contemporary ya books. Penny Lane is..."
Just Another Girl

"'Just Another Girl' by Elizabeth Eulberg is a terrifically realistic read about how assumptions can undermine one's ability to really..."
Better Off Friends

"A sweet and upbeat contemporary with light romantic comedy elements—one that bridges the maturity span between Middle Grade and Young..."
We Can Work It Out (The Lonely Hearts Club #2)

"What I liked: Elizabeth Eulberg never fails to disappoint me as a reader. Her stories and engaging and..."
Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality

"Well, who doesn't like a book about a dysfunctional family? If you like reading about other people's brand of crazy,..."
Better Off Friends

"Yes... This was a totally predictable yet another teen romance... But I loved it. It starts off when Macallan is..."
Better Off Friends

"I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth Eulberg. Every time I sit down to read one of her books, I..."
Better Off Friends

JenJen
"This was my first Elizabeth Eulberg book and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on more of her words!..."

"Every time I pick up one of Elizabeth Eulberg's books I don't think it can be better than her last..."

"Lexi is one of those girls that are funny and nice and has a great personality. ever been told that..."

"Gosh, Elizabeth Eulberg never fails to impress me with her writing. Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality is..."
Take a Bow

"Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg was my first book by Elizabeth Eulberg, although I have desperately been pining to..."
Prom and Prejudice

N/A
"I felt like this was am amazing retelling but not too much of a twist. Even if you had never..."

"Lexi is tired of spending her weekends following her seven year old sister Mackenzie around to beauty pageants, and is..."

"Why I Loved It: Oh the laughs I had reading this book. Lexi is part of a pageant..."
Take a Bow

"What a wonderful, well-written and entertaining book! I love it when an author is able to write a book with..."
Take a Bow

"I was excited to get Elizabeth Eulberg's newest book, Take a Bow. I loved Prom and Prejudice, so I..."
Take a Bow

"Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg has been one of those books I have been excited about since the first..."
The Lonely Hearts Club

"Do teenagers still like The Beatles? This is a question that came to mind as I read The Lonely Hearts..."