Review Detail

fun, clever, and so cute
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

This adorable board book brings dragons to life in a very fun way with bright and vivid images and cute vignettes about their lives. Each page features a statement about dragons accompanied by images depicting it, beginning with dragons sneezing fire all the way through their fears (fireworks). The colors pop off the page with lots of bright colors and cartoon dragons.

What I loved: My absolute favorite part of the book is the last page, which says that sometimes dragons need saving and show a princess defending a dragon against a knight. It really turns the whole gendered stereotype on its head in a way that parents can enjoy as they read to their toddlers. The word-to-picture ratio is just perfect, and toddlers will love examining the pictures for all their cute little details. Parents can also get a kick out of the fun phrasing- and the fact that dragons eat their vegetables (after barbequing them, of course).

What left me wanting more: Nothing!

Final thoughts: DRAGONS ARE REAL! is a completely delightful board book which toddlers will love to look through and read. With bright and colorful images alongside fun phrases about dragon lives, this book is an adorable read you can enjoy with a broad range of toddler ages.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Secondhand Dogs

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming—and heart-tugging—middle grade novel about love, loyalty, and what...
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The Road Trip

0.0 (0)
Join everyone's favorite Wildcats from the Disney+ smash hit original...
I'll Meet You in Your Dreams

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming text honoring the ever-evolving relationship of a parent...
Colors of Habitats

0.0 (0)
The brand-new sequel to a well-reviewed bestseller that has been...
Noble Thief (Fantasy and Fairytales Book 6)

0.0 (0)
A prince of two kingdoms. A woman fighting against the...
10 Truths and a Dare

0.0 (0)
It's Senior Party Week, that magical in-between time after classes...
All These Bodies

0.0 (0)
Sixteen bloodless bodies. Two teenagers. One impossible explanation. ...
The Beautiful Ones

0.0 (0)
They are the Beautiful Ones, Loisail’s most notable socialites, and...
I Am the Shark

0.0 (0)
What makes the great white shark (one of) the greatest...
Made in Korea

0.0 (0)
Frankly in Love meets Shark Tank in this feel-good romantic...
Take Me Home Tonight

0.0 (0)
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off meets Nick and Nora’s Infinite...
The People We Choose

5.0 (1)
When 17-year-old Calliope meets her new neighbor Max, their...

Latest Member Reviews

Thirty Talks Weird Love

"******PLEASE READ***** URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR..."
Thirty Talks Weird Love

"Thirteen-year-old Anamaria has an encounter from Thirty, a strange woman who insists she's from the future. Anamaria lives in Ciudad..."
Dark Stars

"DARK STARS by Danielle Rollins is the third book in her series of the same name. It begins with Dorothy..."
Emmie and the Tudor King

"I thoroughly enjoyed this time travel romance. The setting was lush, dangerous, and exciting. This book had it all: amazing..."
Emmie and the Tudor King

"What worked: Fast-paced time travel romp through Tudor England. Readers find out what might have happened if Queen Elizabeth I..."
Stolen Time

"STOLEN TIME by Danielle Rollins is the first book of a YA time travel trilogy. It begins when Ash, a..."
The Wood

"I bought this by impulse. Seeing as this book was primarily a cover-buy, I did not have many expectations..."
Afterimage

"Feedback This book was not what I expected at all. Camryn is the sole survivor of a horrific explosion..."
Invictus

"Feedback While I enjoy sci-fi books I have only read a couple of time traveling books with this one..."
StarPassage Book 3: Honor & Mercy

"This is an excellent series and book 3 doesn't disappoint. Paranormal activity and time traveling teens visit the past while..."
Invictus

"“Invictus” is a fantastic YA sci-fi adventure. I whole-heartedly agree with Revis’s review which says that it’s Firefly as teenagers..."
Fourth World (Iamos Trilogy #1)

"4.5 Stars! Fourth World was an interesting futuristic novel set on Mars. It had elements of mystery, dystopia and..."