Review Detail

Kids Fiction 626
Mom is Thankful no matter what
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

From the back of the book, "Share this loving message of thanks with your little Stinky Face!"

THANK YOU, STINKY FACE stars a little boy who asks his mom, "Are you thankful for me?" He and his mom are cooking and his hands are a mess, but his mom reminds him that she's still thankful for him. The boy continues to ask what else his mom is thankful for. His arms? His mouth?

The illustrations go perfectly with the words and are adorable. This book is perfect for a mom to read with her son. It reminds our children that we're thankful for them no matter how "stinky" and dirty they are. It is the perfect representation of a child's imagination and a mother's love.

Final Verdict: This is a book for a humor and family love. It's a great book to read with Thanksgiving around the corner!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

0.0 (0)
Twins Stacy and Gina Cavallaro are on rival little league...
The Fountains of Silence

0.0 (0)
Madrid, 1957. Under the fascist dictatorship of General Francisco...
Dinosnores (Boynton on Board)

0.0 (0)
“Honk SHOOOOOO! Honk SHOOOOOO! . . .” ...
Good Day, Good Night

0.0 (0)
Now in a sturdy board book format, perfect for little...
TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)

0.0 (0)
Told entirely in text messages, the second book in this...
Creep

0.0 (0)
The haunting tale of a family that moves into...
Girl at Heart

0.0 (0)
As the daughter of a successful Major League pitcher,...
The Last of the Firedrakes

0.0 (0)
She never felt like she belonged…until magic pulled her...
Crown of Oblivion

0.0 (0)
In this mesmerizing YA fantasy mash-up of The Road...
When the Stars Lead to You

0.0 (0)
Nicola Yoon meets Jenny Han in a heated first-love...

0.0 (0)
Disturbing dreams are nothing new for Kyra. But when her...
I've Loved You Since Forever

0.0 (0)
New York Times #1 Bestseller! ...
My Baby Loves Christmas

0.0 (0)
In the My Baby Loves Christmas board book, celebrate all...
Riverland

0.0 (0)
When things go bad at home, sisters Eleanor and Mike...
The Return of the Dragon Queen

0.0 (0)
The epic conclusion of The Avalonia Chronicles is here ....

0.0 (0)
How far will you go to save magic? Dad’s...

Latest Member Reviews

Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

"Gina and Stacy are twins who play for rival baseball teams. This flows off the field into intense and sometimes..."
Dinosnores (Boynton on Board)

"DINOSNORES is another absolutely charming and delightfully ridiculous board book from Sandra Boynton. Here, the dinosaurs get ready for bed,..."
Good Day, Good Night

"GOOD DAY, GOOD NIGHT follows a bunny on his journey from sun-up to sunset, as he travels around town, plays..."
TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)

"TBH, THIS MAY BE TMI is the second in a contemporary middle grade series, though it can easily function as..."
I've Loved You Since Forever

"This gorgeous board book celebrates the parent-child bond in an absolutely stunning way. I'VE LOVED YOU SINCE FOREVER suggests that..."
My Baby Loves Christmas

"Babies and toddlers will love the colorful celebration of Christmas in this delightful board book. MY BABY LOVES CHRISTMAS is..."
Riverland

"RIVERLAND is a riveting and complex middle grade magical realism novel. Eleanor and her sister, Mike (nickname, everyone except their..."
Christmas Cheer for The Grouchy Ladybug

"CHRISTMAS CHEER FOR THE GROUCHY LADYBUG talks about everything exciting Christmas has to offer. There's snowflakes, fires, bells, presents, stockings,..."
Under the Snow

"When you see snow, you think of how pretty it is or how cold it is. UNDER THE SNOW opens..."
Laugh-Out-Loud Halloween Jokes: Lift-the-Flap

"LAUGH OUT LOUD HALLOWEEN JOKES is full of cute jokes that are perfect for children aged four and up. The..."
Little Tigers

"After hearing humans and their dogs nearby, Mother Tiger knows it's time for them to find somewhere safer to live...."
Explorer Academy Codebreaking Activity Adventure

"Fans of the Explorer Academy series won't want to miss out on this Codebreaking Activity Adventure. Enter into Explorer Academy..."
One Fox: A Counting Book Thriller

"ONE FOX counts from one to ten in a thrilling way. The fox is hunting for some food and he..."
Odd Dog Out

"In a busy city of normal dogs, there's one that stands out. She does her own thing and dresses her..."
Pete the Kitty Goes to the Doctor

"'Pete the Kitty Goes to the Doctor' by Kimberly & James Dean is a great addition to any child's “I..."
Bach to the Rescue!!!

"'Bach to the Rescue!!!' by Tom Angleberger, illustrated by Elio, is a cute and comedic story about a rich dude..."
Trees: A Rooted History

"When I was a little girl there were only a few books that I drug around with me to stare..."
The Hideout

"The artistry and illustrations in The Hideout are dreamlike, painting a picture of your favorite park and woodland location hidden..."
Dog and Rabbit

"DOG AND RABBIT is a charming tale of friendship. Told in four parts, the book introduces Dog and then Rabbit...."
Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)

"I never wanted to be a superhero as a child, but I wanted to do heroic things. Tristan Strong epitomizes..."