Review Detail

Action-Packed Magical World
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
DRAGONWATCH is a captivating, action-packed story that is filled with all type of creatures such as trolls, goblins, dragons, nipsies, fairies, and much more. It's the same magical world that Brandon Mull took us in during the first book, FABLEHAVEN.

In DRAGONWATCH, Seth and Kendra are appointed as the new Dragonwatch members and become the caregivers and protectors of the sanctuaries. The two siblings face many challenges with their new position and are wanted by the Dragon King named Celebrant. But with each other, they can face any obstacle that comes their way.

At first, I didn't like Seth because of his selfish ways, but as the story progressed, I got to see him grow into a hero and a responsible caretaker. He even risks his life for the greater good. Watching him morph into a better person made his character so much more intriguing. Seth also receives help from a nipsie named Calvin, who I absolutely loved. He was one of my favorite characters.

Where Seth is the wild one, Kendra is the responsible one who seems to have her head on straight. The only downfall she has is that she isn't as confident in herself as Seth is. When push comes to shove and Kendra is faced with an ultimatum, she steps up to the plate and discovers what strength was within her all along.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of dragons, action, adventure, and middle grade fiction. It was a read that had my heart racing from the action and possible outcomes each turn of the page could bring.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account