Review Detail

Kids Fiction 1156
Adorable story for the youngest among us
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

An adorable little story to share with the babies in our lives.

The book:
I Love My Daddy is a board book that details all of the wonderful things fathers do for us in the simplest terms. Each page is a cute image of a daddy bear and a baby bear doing various activities - sitting, bathing, chasing, etc. - with only a single line of text.

What I loved:
The simplicity. Wrap all of these pages together and you get a story that says we love our father's just because they're there with us, for us. It's told in a repetitive rhythym that is pleasant as if rolls off the tongue. It's the perfect book to read to babies.

What was just okay:
The age it has been branded for is completely wrong. This book is much more suitable for babies than three and four year olds. Just by being a board book signals how young it's readers should be. The toddler in my life would be utterly bored by a book that is so basic, but I wouldn't hesistate before reading it to the baby in my life time and time again.

Final verdict:
A very cute story that details the sacred relationship between a child and their father in a simple and beautiful way.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Shatter City

0.0 (0)
When the world sees Frey, they think they see her...
If You Miss Me

0.0 (0)
A healing story of loss and love, this beautiful picture...
Learning about the Garden with Sleeping Beauty (Fairytale Encyclopedia)

0.0 (0)
Roses were very dangerous for Sleeping Beauty―that everybody knows. But...
Squirrel Do Bad (Trubble Town, #4)

0.0 (0)
From the author of the “Pearls Before Swine” comic strip...
Playing the Cards You'reDealt

0.0 (0)
Ten-year-old Anthony Joplin has made it to double digits! Which...
Discovering the Underground with Snow White (Fairytale Encyclopedia)

0.0 (0)
There are not only dwarves in the underground. This hidden...
Rock by Rock: The Fantastical Garden of Nek Chand

0.0 (0)
This luminous picture book tells the fascinating true story of...
Bisa's Carnaval

0.0 (0)
Discover the sights and sounds of Brazil through the eyes...
Redemptor (Raybearer, #2)

0.0 (0)
The highly anticipated sequel to Raybearer, the instant New York...
Dark and Shallow Lies

0.0 (0)
A teen girl disappears from her small town deep in...
Imposters

5.0 (1)
Frey and Rafi are inseparable . . . but very...
Better Than the Movies

5.0 (1)
Liz Buxbaum has always known that Wes Bennett was not...
African Icons: Ten People Who Shaped History

5.0 (1)
Meet the ten remarkable kings, queens, inventors, scholars, and visionaries...
Count to LOVE! (A Bright Brown Baby Board Book)

5.0 (1)
Cuddle up with your little one and get ready to...
The Mystery of the Meanest Teacher: A Johnny Constantine Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
THE MYSTERY OF THE MEANEST TEACHER: A JOHNNY CONSTANTINE GRAPHIC...

0.0 (0)
A shocking thriller about a group of friends who go...

Latest Member Reviews

"Reader reviewed by Chaellee Definetly confusing the first time you read it. DON'T GIVE UP! It's much better the second..."

"Reader reviewed by P.G. Sherrie Ellen Raskin calls this book a "puzzle-mystery," and she is exactly right. This book captured..."

"Reader reviewed by Kyra The Westing Game is a great mystery book. Samuel Westing has just died, and his 16..."

"Reader reviewed by taylor this is a wonderfull mistery book about 16 people who move into sunset towers. when sam..."

"Reader reviewed by the book muncher Its kind of strange how sixteen people all moved into the same new building,..."

"Reader reviewed by big-brain I ( same person, new name) GO TURTLE!! WHOOP THERE IT IS, WHOOP THERE IT IS...."

"Reader reviewed by Raskin iz 4 me When Barney Northrup lures the Westing hiers in, there is no telling what..."

"Reader reviewed by Gayle This book was extremmly puzzling,but it is a great mystery fo young or children of all..."

"Reader reviewed by Brenda The Westing Game is a brilliant piece of work. All of the characters have their..."

"Reader reviewed by bookworm9 When teenage art student Dickory Dock answers an ad in the paper to work for an..."

"Reader reviewed by bookworm9 When 6-year-old Caroline Fish is married off to her 9-year-old friend Leon Carillon for the sake..."

"Reader reviewed by bookspider The best mystery I've ever read. It begins with sixteen characters, ranging from children to..."

"Reader reviewed by shopgirl I recommend readers read this one twice. Why? Because the first time, you're in the dark..."

"Reader reviewed by Bookworm9 What happens when sixteen people are asked to solve one (supposed) murder? In "The Westing Game,"..."