Review Detail

A Great Series
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

This series keeps getting better!

The Palace of Glass puts us right back on track, beginning with Alice’s newfound resolve to do something about her situation. What to do with her Uncle? After all, he cannot be trusted. Now is the time for her to plot her revenge.

After the wild ride of The Mad Apprentice, The Palace of Glass once again sees Alice back jumping through portal books, discovering new worlds, and meeting new races of magical beings. Ah…if only that was possible in real life. But even good things can have bad consequences. The plot surges ahead diving through molten tunnels, charging into frozen kingdoms of the ice giants before Alice even attempts to take on the challenges in the Palace of Glass.

What I love about The Palace of Glass is how Django Wexler mixes of humor and adventure while allowing deeper themes to be weaved in it as well. Alice of course continues to grow as a character, asking the important questions about her powers and responsibilities as a Reader. With each book comes more complex moral issues, and deeper plot development. We see old and new faces handling danger the best way they can.

Django Wexler again shows he is a master world builder as he adds layers into the world of Readers and the Forbidden Library. His descriptions are fantastical yet feel very real. He helps build up a series of events and helps develop Alice in such a way that the reader is sure she can take on more adventures and what ever danger is thrown in her way.

The book just flew by and I wasn’t really ready to say goodbye to the characters. The way The Palace of Glass ended there is a feeling that there is more coming. It looks like there are some pretty big adventures in store for the 4th installment. Highly Recommended.
Good Points
Fun read
Action packed
Page turner
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Light of Days Young Readers’ Edition: The Untold Story of Women Resistance Fighters in Hitler's Ghettos

0.0 (0)
As their communities were being destroyed, groups of Jewish women...
In Deeper Waters

0.0 (0)
A young prince must rely on a mysterious stranger to...
Paint by Sticker Kids: Outer Space

0.0 (0)
Blast off into outer space with this mess-free sticker craft!...
These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)

0.0 (0)
When twin heirs are born in Tourin, their fates are...
The Mother of Monsters

0.0 (0)
Mischievous Ntombi is not at all afraid of the fearsome...
Grim, Grunt and Grizzle-Tail: A Story from Chile

0.0 (0)
Brave young Pedro faces monsters and greedy guards when he...
What Beauty There Is

0.0 (0)
What Beauty There Is is Cory Anderson's stunning YA...
Baseball Baby

0.0 (0)
This original board book series, which begins with America's favorite...
I Am Not a Penguin

0.0 (0)
This hilarious story of a pangolin with an identity crisis...
Poison Priestess (Lady Slayers, #2)

0.0 (0)
In 17th-century Paris, 19-year-old Catherine Monvoisin is a well-heeled...
Sam Can't Sleep

0.0 (0)
When Sam can’t sleep, he decides to ask all the...
The Prison Healer (The Prison Healer, #1)

0.0 (0)
Seventeen-year-old Kiva Meridan has spent the last ten years...
Fate Calling

0.0 (0)
A cursed fae prince. A lonely human lass. A...
Welcome to California

0.0 (0)
Welcome to California! We're glad you're here! Introducing a new...
Zoe Rosenthal is Not Lawful Good

0.0 (0)
A buttoned-up overachiever works overtime to keep her inner...
The Other Side of Perfect

0.0 (0)
For fans of Sarah Dessen and Mary H.K. Choi, this...

Latest Member Reviews

Four Three Two One

""Chandler and Golden versus the world" has been the motto of Chan and Go since they were 11. As seventeen-year-olds,..."
Unnatural Deeds

""Unnatural Deeds" is a haunting, enthralling, dark masterpiece. It is told from the point-of-view of Victoria, a teen with an..."
How to Disappear

"I am so absolutely in love with Sharon Huss Roat. Her books are funny, relatable, and so easily devoured. I..."
All Things New

"An enthralling and vital YA read—boldly tackling issues of mental and relational health within a compelling narrative. Jessa Gray..."
The Ship Beyond Time

"Writing a review for this book is definitely bittersweet! The Ship Beyond Time was an incredible sequel, I couldn’t have..."
Unnatural Deeds

"I received a free copy of this book through Netgalley. Victoria has anxiety, is a bit of a loner..."
All the Bright Places

"I love this book. I’ve been on the look out for this book since I saw it on Netgalley but..."
All the Bright Places

"This book hooked me from the first page. From the happier moments to the terribly sad moments, I couldn't stop..."
All the Bright Places

"Quite the polarizing read. (No pun intended.) Full disclosure: As someone who spent a scary number of their..."
Afterparty

"Loved it! Afterparty had this great edge to it I wasn't expecting and is one of the best toxic friendship..."
All the Bright Places

"Loved this story. Writing in duel point of views, Jennifer Niven tells the story from a boy who struggles with..."
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between

"Clare and Aidan are about to leave for college on separate sides of the country. They’re packed, they’re prepared, and..."
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between

"When I got the book, I was excited to read it, but didn't expect TOO much of it. To me..."
Are You Seeing Me?

"Whatever the opposite of a reading slump is, I’m in the middle of it. And I’m the opposite of..."
Things We Know by Heart

"MY THOUGHTS This book was one of my most anticipated releases this year! It wasn't quite what I was expecting,..."
Things We Know by Heart

"Quinn has been unable to move on since the death of her boyfriend Trent. She hopes meeting the people who..."
Things I'll Never Say: Stories About Our Secret Selves

"It is hard to come up with a way to talk about story anthologies because each story is its own..."
We Can Work It Out (The Lonely Hearts Club #2)

"What I liked: Elizabeth Eulberg never fails to disappoint me as a reader. Her stories and engaging and..."
Things We Know by Heart

"What I Loved: THINGS WE KNOW BY HEART is my first Jessi Kirby novel but certainly not my last. Quinn's..."
All the Bright Places

"What I Loved: I really liked being inside Finch’s head. He was such an interesting character and watching his development..."