Review Detail

A vibrant story rich with interactive opportunities
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Bear isn't feeling quite so happy in his forest home anymore, so he decides to wander off to visit some friends around the world. Will Bear feel just as home out there? Read WELCOME HOME, BEAR, to find out what happens on his adventures!

Young readers will learn all about where a variety of Bear's friends live, including Mole, Goat, Polar Bear, and Camel. It's obvious just how different the environment is where each animal lives, and readers will take away an appreciation for these differences and how every animal, both bears and humans, needs certain things to feel at home. There are plenty of opportunities for discussion and questions, and even activities and crafts based on the book. Teachers and librarians will find this book an especially great storytime choice

The illustrations are vibrant and rich in color and detail. Digital painting techniques create a natural look with fun colors that really pop off the page. With a consistent font tying down the narrative, the author takes the liberty of moving the text around the page as it suits the bear's activities, which is a fun addition to the illustrations.

Highly recommended for young animal lovers as well as teachers and librarians, WELCOME HOME, BEAR is another fantastic book from the author of A BOOK OF SLEEP and A BOOK OF BABIES.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

If Only...

0.0 (0)
Bestselling author-illustrator Mies van Hout employs vivid creatures in a...
Like a Giant

0.0 (0)
A beautiful story about imagination and taking your time to...
A Rosa Le Encantan Los Carros/Rosa Loves Cars

0.0 (0)
Averiguemos con quâe juguetes juegan Rosa y sus amigos hoy!...
The Duck Who Didn't Like Water

0.0 (0)
See a duck take to the water of friendship in...
Goodnight, Little Llama

0.0 (0)
Meet Little Llama, who is about to make a very...
The Boy and the Sea

0.0 (0)
A picture book meditation on curiosity, wonder, and finding one’s...
In Your Cozy Bed

0.0 (0)
A soothing bedtime board book from the creators of In...
Chicks Rock!

0.0 (0)
Rocker Chick overcomes stage fright to find her voice in...
The Beach (Bluey)

0.0 (0)
Read along and join Bluey's latest adventure! ...
All About Bluey

0.0 (0)
Meet Bluey! This lovable and imaginative Blue Heeler puppy is...
Instructions for Dancing

0.0 (0)
THE INSTANT #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • The critically...
Jonathan: Prince of Dreams

0.0 (0)
Still recovering from the tragic loss of his mother, typical...
Missing the Beat

0.0 (0)
The dream job? Check. The best friends? Check....
Meeting the Star

0.0 (0)
The spotless reputation? Check. The gorgeous movie star?...
Making the Play

0.0 (0)
The school of her dreams? Check. The perfect...
Runaway : Immortals of Indriell

0.0 (0)
They claim her mother died a hero. They...

Latest Member Reviews

The Elephant in the Room

"Sila's family has been happy in Oregon, even though her father, who is a mechanical engineer, has to work as..."
Room on the Broom Push-Pull-Slide

"ROOM ON THE BROOM PUSH-PULL-SLIDE is a delightfully interactive board book sure to enchant toddlers and preschoolers. A witch is..."
I'll Give You the Sun

"I’ll Give You the Sun is a masterpiece of the Young Adult genre, perfectly incorporating the feel of what it..."
Cosmic Commandos

" Twins Jeremy and Justin, while identical, couldn't be more different. Jeremy is devoted to video games, disorganized, and mean..."
Short

"Julia Marks is an eleven-year-old girl starting her summer vacation without Ramon, the family dog who died unexpectedly of an..."
I Am Lucille Ball

"‘I Am Lucille Ball’ tells the story of how little Lucy overcame many obstacles to become the legend that she..."
Marked

"Phee’s world is turned upside down now that she’s at the rebellion base. Cash is still missing, possibly presumed dead,..."
Pilfer Academy

"George is known around his community for getting into trouble, and his antics capture the attention of the Pilfer Academy,..."
What I Thought Was True

"I adore Fitzpatrick's writing so I anticipated loving What I Thought Was True--what I didn't expect was how much I..."
Full Cicada Moon

"Mimi is not going to settle for less than her dreams. Despite the difficulties she faces after moving to a..."

"It's hard to find a book about plus size girls,but this book is good. Not the best but its good...."
Confessions of an Imaginary Friend

"Confessions of an Imaginary Friend is humorous and delightful. I laughed my way through this book, and it’s no surprise..."
Here Comes the Tooth Fairy Cat

"The concept was very cute and kid-friendly. Who doesn’t love the idea of a cute cat wanting to meet and..."
Roller Girl

"This review isn’t sufficient to list all the things I love about Victoria Jamieson’s Roller Girl, but I’ll try to..."
Nerve

"MY THOUGHTS This book was very fast-paced with a very dark plot! I really enjoyed reading this book! Vee..."
Nerve

"If you’ve ever been freaked out by something on the Internet, then Nerve by Seattle author Jeanne Ryan is the..."
What I Thought Was True

LW Lily Wannabee
"This is one of my favorite books I have read this year. The author is amazing! If you haven't read..."
I'll Give You the Sun

"Beautifully flawed characters and a story to stir the soul. One of the best YA books I've read in a..."
I'll Give You the Sun

N/A
"I have always heard amazing things from Jandy Nelson's first book "The Sky is Everywhere" and when I got a..."
I'll Give You the Sun

"What I Loved: This book is beautiful. I just cannot even with how amazing this book actually is. If you..."