Review Detail

Apes A-Go-Go! Featured
Kids Fiction 1584
Hilarious high-jinx of the Great Ape kind
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

When you start with a very tidy, very perfect town, you know it won’t stay as such for long. Add in the Great Apes, and APES A-GO-GO is a surefire disaster waiting to happen.

When the town’s mayor spots an out of place flower, he receives aid from Fussy Great Ape, a giant ape with a penchant for fussing over things. Unfortunately, after the flower issue is resolved, the mayor frets over the now-trampled garden. Fussy Great Ape calls out to the other Great Apes and Mucky Great Ape comes to the rescue. Mucky fixes the flowerbed, but not without covering the very tidy town in soil, thus continuing a domino effect in destruction. Can the Great Apes repair the damage to their tidy town?

Apes A-Go-Go is a hilarious “face-palm” tale that will leave you in giggles. From the very first page, you know things will get bad. But they don’t just get bad, they snowball to ultimate devastation in the most humorous way possible.

Roman Milisic threads together a fantastic story with an invaluable internal message about what is truly important in life: Life. It’s not the perfect streets, the prefect garden, or even the perfect town. What are truly important are the things that MAKE it a town. From the people, the sounds, the food, and the laughter, embracing life is most important. And Milisic portrays this message in a way that makes it enjoyable—and digestible—by young readers.

The illustrations, by A. Richard Allen, are of a cooler watercolor collection and have a simplistic, almost rough edge to them that I find endearing. Each of the Great Apes has a unique character flair that gives them personality.

Apes A-Go-Go is a wonderful addition to any young reader’s library. From the bumbling apes to the heart-warming internal lesson, your reader will surely start howling, “Bogo! Pogo! Apes A-Go-Go!”
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Monster Hypothesis

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Bohring-home to 453 people, 2,053 alligators, and one...
Where the World Ends

0.0 (0)
Winner of the 2018 Carnegie Medal! New from Michael L....
Carnevil (Monsterstreet #3)

0.0 (0)
“Fast, funny, frightening—and filled with shocks and surprises. These books...
Prophecy Untold (Shadow Realms book 3)

0.0 (0)
Finding out my mother was taken by the demons...
Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things

0.0 (0)
In this charming debut about first love and second...
Six Goodbyes We Never Said

0.0 (0)
Two teens meet after tragedy and learn about love,...
Golden Crown

0.0 (0)
No longer only a warrior. Not just a queen....

0.0 (0)
The first vampire. The last Nephilim. The end...
The Galactic Adventures of Hazel - Gurecoa

0.0 (0)
What is it like to live in 4519 AD...
Batman: Nightwalker (The Graphic Novel)

0.0 (0)
This action-packed graphic novel based on the New York...

0.0 (0)
Seventeen-year-old Rose Hemmersbach aspires to break out of small town...
Stuffed

0.0 (0)
Welcome, little one. You have been chosen to join us,...
Merged

0.0 (0)
Seven of our country’s most gifted teens will become Nobels,...
Bury Me

4.7 (1)
No one ever leaves Copper Hollow. It's a town with...
Estranged #2: The Changeling King

0.0 (0)
Enter a world of faerie magic and epic adventure in...
The Edge of the Word (Mightier than the Sword, #2)

0.0 (0)
The exciting follow-up to Mightier Than the Sword, the humorous...

Latest Member Reviews

Elixir Bound

"This book hooked me right from the start. Its fast pace and well written plot lines drew me in. Elixir..."
Joshua's Tree (Joshua's Tree Trilogy #1)

"Jos Tyler ends in a terrible world of Zombi like mutants that have only one thing on there mind and..."
Summer on Fire

JenJen
"Thank you to author, Kevin Craig for sending this to me! This isn't usually my type of book but..."
Summer on Fire

"I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars, and that was before I learned it was a product..."
Summer on Fire

"I don’t read much contemporary fiction, and I was pleasantly surprised by Summer on Fire. This well-crafted novel held my..."
Laurel's Miracle

"What I enjoyed most about this mid-grade fantasy was the author's descriptions of the Cornwall area. Clearly, she's been there..."
The Boogedyman

"This book will definitely be a book you can hardly stop reading! I’m sure of it! Thank you for reading..."
Laurel's Miracle

"Wendy Laharnar’s Review of Laurels Miracle by Nancy M. Bell. A Fantasy to Restore Faith in Reality. Laurel’s..."
The Boogedyman

" I have seven kids. That's right, count'em--one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. Do you know..."
Odessa: Seraphym Wars Series

"My Review: My first thoughts as I dove deep into the book Odessa, The Seraphym Wars Series, was to marvel..."