Review Detail

The Second Spy review
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

y happened. It was more like a filler book to make sure the story moved along, but didn't actually have its own compelling story arc.

The Nutshell: I found The Second Spy disappointing, but I still love the series and am hoping for better in the last two books. But it still has talking cats going for it and you can't really beat that.
Miss
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

My Love is All Around

0.0 (0)
Mommy Bear shows Baby Bear how love is all around...
I'm not a Mouse!

0.0 (0)
Olivia really doesn't like her nickname - mostly because it...
My Panda Sweater

0.0 (0)
The other kids may laugh, but I always feel safe...
One Day on our Blue Planet... In the Outback

0.0 (0)
From breakfast to dinner, dusk to dawn, children will love...
Mrs Bibi's Elephant

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story with a message as big as an...
The State of Us

0.0 (0)
"Dre and Dean have got my vote!"—Adib Khorram, award-winning...
My Calamity Jane

0.0 (0)
Welcome to 1876 America, a place bursting with gunslingers,...
Little Creeping Things

0.0 (0)
A compulsively readable debut with a narrator you just...
Fae's Deception (Queens of the Fae Book 1)

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Brea Robinson is a murderer. That’s what everyone tells...
The Forgotten World (The World Apart Series Book 3)

0.0 (0)
Clark thought he knew what grief was. Addie thought...
Artemis Fowl: Guide to the World of Fairies

0.0 (0)
This beautifully illustrated novel is a compendium of Artemis Fowl's...
The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)

0.0 (0)
Les Misérables meets Six of Crows in this page-turning...
Personalized Notebook Doodles Adorable Pets Coloring Book

0.0 (0)
From hamsters and hermit crabs to cats and canaries, you'll...
The Last Summer

0.0 (0)
For the first eleven years of their lives, neighbors Lila...
The Falling in Love Montage

0.0 (0)
Two girls embark on a summer of montage-worthy dates (with...
Super Puzzletastic Mysteries: Short Stories for Young Sleuths from Mystery Writers of America

0.0 (0)
Bestselling author Chris Grabenstein and the Mystery Writers of America...

Latest Member Reviews

Aurora Rising

"I could not sit Aurora Rising down! This is the first book by the writing duo Amie Kaufman & Jay..."
The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)

"THE COURT OF MIRACLES is an enagaging and lush YA historical that imagines an alternate France where the revolution has..."
The 47 People You'll Meet in Middle School

"'The 47 People You'll Meet in Middle School' by Kristin Mahoney is an endearing look at an often hard time..."
We Are the Perfect Girl

"'We Are the Perfect Girl' by Ariel Kaplan is a Cyrano De Bergerac style story. There are a host of..."
A Small Zombie Problem (Zombie Problems, #1)

"A SMALL ZOMBIE PROBLEM is a charming story in the vein of A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS and Tim Burton...."
Aurora Rising

"Now I am huge huge fan of both Jay and Amie as individuals and as co-authors. Their Illuminae series completely..."
Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)

"SPIN THE DAWN is an unbelievably fantastic read with some elements of a high-stakes PROJECT RUNWAY, some elements of FLAME..."
Nick and June Were Here

"Shalanda Stanley's DROWNING IS INEVITABLE is one of my top underappreciated books, so I was thrilled to receive a copy..."
Are You Ready to Hatch An Unusual Chicken? (Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer #2)

"Are You Ready To Hatch An Unusual Chicken? is a delightful follow-up to Kelly Jones's Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional..."
The Penderwicks at Last

"THE PENDERWICKS AT LAST is the last in the series of Jeanne Birdsall's books about the Penderwick family. In this..."
How To Scare A Ghost

"How To Scare A Ghost is a fun and engaging childrens book that is full of colorful illustrations to keep..."
Someday

"Everyday A jumps into another body. Each day is different. Along the way he encountered Rhiannon and they fall in..."
We Regret To Inform You

"Mischa is the perfect high school student. She has joined all the right clubs, she has the best grades, and..."
We Regret To Inform You

"Mischa Abramavicious is an overachiever. She excelled on her SAT exam and has a stellar GPA filled with extracurricular activities...."
Just Under the Clouds

"Cora's mother has struggled to keep a roof over Cora and her sister Adare's head ever since the death of..."
LIFEL1K3

"LifeL1k3 is an engaging novel full of incredible writing, violence, action, romance, and strong world-building. Told in third person, and..."
LIFEL1K3

"With the technologies that we have nowadays, it's not that undeniable that with the scientist and mechanics miraculous hands that..."
LIFEL1K3

"Writing: The dialogues are mostly street slang but the book is also jazzed with something lyrical here and there...."
This is our Constitution: Discover America with a Gold Star Father

"This is our Constitution is an entertaining and educational text every student—and some adults—should read. The passion and profound respect..."
What the Night Sings

"Gerta Rausch didn’t know she was Jewish until she and her father were taken from their home in the middle..."