Review Detail

Kids Fiction 2453
It's Over! :(
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

N/A
I bought Nevermore by James Patterson on amazon when it was released and this is my honest review.

Okay so as any other book reader would do to the last book in one of their favorite series I put off reading the last book in the Maximum Ride series for a very long time. The reason being? I simply did not want to let the story and the characters go it was just too hard to even think about. But last week I realized it was time, so I did it. I read the last book and I loved it...

It was a little hard to remember what happened in Angel which was the book before this one so I kind of wish that Patterson could have added some hints to make it easier to remember, but after talking to a fellow reader my memory became a little less foggy which made reading this a lot easier. So in the beginning of the books my feelings were clear. Fang was gone Dylan was here and I needed to learn to love him just like Max was having to do. This let me tell you was not easy but I got to the point where I liked Dylan a lot. Also Angel was dead and I had forgotten how she died, which made me feel like a terrible reader but when a certain someone got their own chapter a few times I started to feel less guilty.

I have to say that there were a few changes in Max's character and I liked it quite a bit actually. She didn't change a crazy amount but when she started letting her guard down a little around Dylan I liked it, it was cute and there were some really sweet moments. As always I enjoyed the smaller characters of Iggy, Nudge, and Gazzy there all cuties and I love them!

Lets talk about some things I didn't like. How about when Fang got his own chapter with his new flock and his clone of Max! Seriously! was that really necessary? Because it made me so mad! I guess the ending of the story made up for it but still! Also I just need to say something that confused me a little this may have happened in the last book but for some reason I thought that Ella who is Max's half sister was young like Angel young and then all the sudden she's kissing Iggy? So she must not be as young as I thought huh? Or maybe I just forgot that Iggy isn't that old? I'm not sure but either way it confused me.

Either way though the book amazed me all the way through, from the ups and the downs the deaths and the reunions I loved every second of it all and that is why the book gets a 5 out of 5 stars. I feel at peace with the series ending even though I am going to miss it a lot.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
The world is brimming full of incredible inventions - but...
Sisters of Shadow and Light

0.0 (0)
The night my sister was born, the stars died and...

0.0 (0)
He thinks she's shallow, she thinks he's a nerd. What...
Pete the Cat and the Perfect Pizza Party

0.0 (0)
A groovy New York Times bestseller! ...
Seneca Element (The Seneca Society Book 2)

0.0 (0)
If you knew that creating singularity between your mind...
Our Year of Love and Parties

0.0 (0)
In this poignant, funny, and romantic novel, four nights...

0.0 (0)
Elemental Manipulation is tricky. Only those with the power can...
The Path Divided

0.0 (0)
Every choice has a consequence. When a magical picture...

0.0 (0)
When fifteen-year-old Marlee Stanley joins her two sisters and the...
Shadowscent

0.0 (0)
An Ember in the Ashes meets Indiana Jones in...
Reverie

0.0 (0)
Inception meets The Magicians, except with better wigs and...

0.0 (0)
They call me the Dark Queen… Ryleigh...
Scarred

0.0 (0)
Life leaves you scarred. Love can make you beautiful....

0.0 (0)
Two friends in the 1980's were graduating from Cosmetology School....
Twisting Minds

0.0 (0)
How can you trust your heart when you can't trust...
The Art of Holding On

0.0 (0)
Life happens, whether you’re ready or not. All you can...

Latest Member Reviews

Let Me Hear a Rhyme

"Tiffany D. Jackson has knocked it out of the park yet again with LET ME HEAR A RHYME. When Steph..."
Let Me Hear a Rhyme

"I'm not sure which the character I loved the most. It is one of those heartfelt stories about a group..."
Night Music

"NIGHT MUSIC is a beautiful YA coming-of-age/romance that brings classical music front and center. Ruby Chertok is the youngest of..."
You'd Be Mine

""You'd Be Mine" follows two young country music stars on their path to self-discovery, dealing with past family deaths, and..."
You'd Be Mine

"YOU’D BE MINE by Erin Hahn is a YA contemporary romance set in the confines of country music, road life,..."
Give Me Some Truth

"Carson Mastick and Magpie "Maggi" Bokoni are two Native American high school students living on a reservation outside of Niagara..."
Life in Outer Space

"Life in Outer Space is one of the cutest and nerdiest books I’ve ever read. This contemporary quickly burrowed its..."
How You Ruined My Life

"Rodney's father left, so he and his mother struggle to get by. When his well-to-do aunt and uncle decide to..."
The Beauty That Remains

"The Beauty That Remains is a heartbreaking portrayal of loss, grief, and coping. It relates the stories of Autumn, Logan,..."
Three Day Summer

"August 15-18 is the anniversary of Woodstock music festival! and i relived that time by reading this book! i make..."
Solo

"Told entirely in verse, Solo is a story full of love, loss, addiction and music. Like Kwame Alexander's previous books,..."
RoseBlood

"Why is there so much hate for this book?! I don't understand! My mind can't compute why everyone is not..."
RoseBlood

"I am a huge fan of Phantom of the Opera so a retelling had me really excited. I was really..."
RoseBlood

"Ever since I saw the cover of RoseBlood by A.G. Howard and read its description, I knew I had to..."
Shuffle, Repeat

"June isn't happy that her mother has chosen to move out into the country, especially since she has arranged for..."
Finding Abbey Road (Exile #3)

"This was the quickest read of all three books in the series. It also ended up being my least favourite..."
Until Beth

"This one had me guessing! At first I thought it was going to be a contemporary story and then some..."
Finding Abbey Road (Exile #3)

"What I Loved: FINDING ABBEY ROAD by Kevin Emerson is a quick but immersive read. The mystery of finding..."
The Haters

"The critically acclaimed author of ME, EARL, AND THE DYING GIRL brings us another hilarious, heartfelt contemporary story about 3..."
For the Record

"For the Record is one of my top ten books of 2015, it’s such an incredibly written contemporary novel. ..."