Review Detail

Kids Fiction 1784
Artistic Fun!
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

I would've loved this book as a child! Not only is it a story involving princesses, castles, witches, and toads, every page is a chance to explore the artist inside every child. This is interactive reading at its best. Arm yourself with glitter pens, crayons, colored pencils, bits of fabric, lace, and buttons, some glue and an active imagination, and you're ready to read this book. Each page invites the reader to color in the characters, sketch parts of the story, and even write captions for what you think the character is thinking/feeling about that part of the story. This is hours of fun in one little book. I highly recommend it.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Gutter Girl (Twin River High, #1)

0.0 (0)
Star football player Jace Rovers has a secret. And not...
The Last Fallen Star (Gifted Clans, #1)

0.0 (0)
Riley Oh can't wait to see her sister get initiated...
Take Me Home: Forests of the World

5.0 (1)
Bite-sized facts about forests from around the globe, pointing out...
Hurricane Summer

0.0 (0)
In this sweeping debut, Asha Bromfield takes readers to the...
All Kinds of Other

0.0 (0)
In this tender, nuanced coming-of-age love story, two boys—one who...
Reign of Secrets

0.0 (0)
At the Midnight Ball, leave your inhibitions at the...
The Forest of Stolen Girls

0.0 (0)
1426, Joseon (Korea). Hwani's family has never been the...
Go the Distance

4.5 (2)

0.0 (0)
What if Meg had to become a god? After...
In Deeper Waters

0.0 (0)
A young prince must rely on a mysterious stranger...
These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)

0.0 (0)
When twin heirs are born in Tourin, their fates...
Take Me Home: Waters of the World

0.0 (0)
Bite-sized facts about bodies of water from around the globe,...
This Is My America

0.0 (0)
The Hate U Give meets Just Mercy in this unflinching...
Colors in Nature

0.0 (0)
Magnificent, hand-painted illustrations by a rising star of Czech watercolor...
Welcome to Arizona

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Arizona! We're glad you're here! Introducing a new...
I Don't Want to Go to School

0.0 (0)
It's Mouse's first day of school. It's Dinosaur's first day...
Somewhere Between Bitter and Sweet

0.0 (0)
I'm Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter meets Emergency Contact...

Latest Member Reviews

What Beauty There Is

"WHAT BEAUTY THERE IS is a consuming and compelling YA thriller. The book is told from several points-of-view, but primarily..."
The Follower

"THE FOLLOWER is a campy horror/thriller read that features influencer triplets, Rudy, Cecily, and Amber. They run a triplet account..."
The Project

"What worked: This is one intense psychological tale of a girl trying to reconnect with her sister after she joins..."
The Project

"THE PROJECT is an intense and captivating YA psychological thriller. After Lo was critically injured in the car crash that..."
The Obsession

"THE OBSESSION is a creepy and riveting YA thriller. Delilah lives with her mother and her mother's abusive boyfriend, a..."
The Project

"Lo Denham, magazine assistant and loner, is looking for her sister, Bea. Six years ago, Lo's parents died in a..."
You Owe Me a Murder

" *Connor is Deaf and has implants *Alex has light brown skin..."
Six Months Later

"SIX MONTHS LATER was a YA suspense/thriller that kept me hooked from the beginning. We meet Chloe, who often feels..."
Five Total Strangers

"FIVE TOTAL STRANGERS is a thrilling ride that kept me guessing. Mira is on her way to her mother's house..."
None Shall Sleep

"NONE SHALL SLEEP is an engaging YA psychological thriller. The book follows Emma Lewis, who in the past was captured..."
They Wish They Were Us

"THEY WISH THEY WERE US is an engaging YA thriller reminiscent of GOSSIP GIRLS. The book follows Jill, who had..."
A Wicked Magic

"Friends Dan and Liss find a Black book of magic and try a spell. Only the spell goes terribly..."
All Your Twisted Secrets

"Perfect for fans of One of Us is Lying A delightfully twisty page-turner, fans of Karen M. McManus will..."
Little Creeping Things

"LITTLE CREEPING THINGS was definitely a engrossing read, as I finished it pretty quickly. Here, we have Cassidy, who has..."
Clique Bait

"The Story: Chloe is after revenge for what happened the year before to her best friend. She blames the..."
Fractures (Echoes, #2)

"FRACTURES follows up ECHOES with a similar adventure and eventually leading to the answers we sought in the first book...."
I Killed Zoe Spanos

"I KILLED ZOE SPANOS is an engaging YA thriller. The book switches between the present and a few months earlier,..."
The Twin

"Ivy and her twin sister Iris parents divorced when they were ten. Ivy got to live with their father and..."
Jane Anonymous: A Novel

"JANE ANONYMOUS follows two timelines: one while Jane was captured for 7 months and one after she is back home...."
Wilder Girls

" THIS WAS INCREDIBLE. This book reads like BUTTER...… Moldy, rotten, disgusting butter,..."