Review Detail

Featured
Kids Fiction 2673
Fatastic Fantasy Ride for Middle School Readers
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A

Jaide and Jack Shield are TroubleTwisters and possess strong powers. Unfortunately, they don't know it yet. While they try to figure out what is going on, The Evil arrives. Jaide and Jack are responsible for defending our world against it.

This is fantastic fantasy series for middle- grade readers. It is a fun, easy read. It follows in the footsteps of stories such as A Wizard of Earthsea and The Dark is Rising Series, but keeps the wording simple and fast-paced. Set in present day, Jaide and Jack are thrown into a magical reality where anything could be possible; talking animals, enchanted objects, and powers beyond their imagination. How will they be able to handle it all?

The characters Jaide and Jack are easy to relate to. They question everything and wish things would just go their way. They must problem solve and try to figure out is new world around them. What I like best is the fact that nothing is just handed to them. They make mistakes and have to try new solutions and ideas. The story line made me eager to find out what was going to happen next and what twists and turns the plot might take. I couldn't put it down.

With a cliff-hanger ending I cannot wait to see what the next book in the series The Monster will bring. I recommend this book to any middle grade reader who loves fantasy and mystery books.

Good Points
Easy Read
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account