Review Detail

Kids Fiction 1555
Dinosaur Time Travel
(Updated: April 26, 2012)
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

N/A
When their mother gets a prestigious job on a far-flung archaeological dig, Emma, Max and Kyle have to go live with their grandfather, since their father was previously killed in Afghanistan. They haven't seen their grandfather in a long time, although he doesn't live far away, because he has checked out from humanity a bit. When the trio arrive, their grandfather tells them he is having a heart attack and that they must investigae the Chronal Engine, a time travel device, that is in his basement. With the housekeeper, Petra, the siblings are check out fossilized sneaker prints when Emma is kidnapped. They chase her back to the Cretaceous period and have to fight not only the kidnappers but a variety of dinosaurs. Luckily, Max is a huge dinosaur buff and his information saves them, even though it occasionally leads them into trouble. Will the children be able to use the time travel to their advantage... survive the dinosaurs? This seemed the like the first book in a series.
Good Points
If you have students who liked Z Rex, this might be one to have. Lots of action and adventure, and time travel with no excuses, even there are a few questions about procedure in my mind!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
Movies, mansions, and murder in the Golden Age of Hollywood!...
Kamala and Maya's Big Idea

0.0 (0)
Meena Harris debuts with an empowering picture book about two...
Harvey Holds His Own (The Harvey Stories, #2)

0.0 (0)
The West Highland Terrier that brought Harvey Comes Home to...
Everything I Thought I Knew

0.0 (0)
A teenage girl wonders if she’s inherited more than just...
The Morning Flower (The Omte Origins, #2)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking returns to...
The Hunt

0.0 (0)
Death marked her from her very first breath. Being...
Swallowed by a Secret

0.0 (0)
One dead father. One lying mother. ...
Circus of the Dead Book One

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
There are many ways to die at the Circus...
Roaring

0.0 (0)
Colt Clemmons is an agent in a specialized division...
Court of Lions

0.0 (0)
Court of Lions is the long-awaited second and final...
More Than Just a Pretty Face

0.0 (0)
For fans of Becky Albertalli and Jenny Han, a...
The Adventurers Guild: Night of Dangers

0.0 (0)
After the events at Llethanyl, city of the elves, Zed...
And Then I Turned into a Mermaid (And Then I Turned into a Mermaid, #1)

0.0 (0)
For fans of Emily Windsnap and Maybe A Mermaid, And...
After the Worst Thing Happens

0.0 (0)
Left reeling after her thoughtless mistake causes a terrible accident,...
Hirana's War: Book Two in the Eloia Born Series

0.0 (0)
Praise for Eloia Born “Loved it! A well-written narrative...
Hans Christian Andersen: The Journey of His Life

0.0 (0)
"If you like, I’ll tell you the story of a...

Latest Member Reviews

The Black Kids

"THE BLACK KIDS is a really poignant read that ties history to the present. Ashley is a senior in high..."
Permanent Record

"In many ways, Permanent Record confused me, irritated me at times, maybe even angered me a little, but eventually wowed..."
Goodbye from Nowhere

"Kyle Baker loves the times he visits his extended family at the family farm. He brings his girlfriend Nadia with..."
Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe

"JUST A BOY AND A GIRL IN A LITTLE CANOE is a YA contemporary fiction that is primarily about character..."
The Everything I Have Lost

"At age twelve, Julia starts writing in a diary. She writes about what she witnesses in her town of Juarez,..."
Where I End and You Begin

"All Ezra wants to do is ask his crush Imogen to the prom. But when he and his friend Holden..."
The Last True Poets of the Sea

"THE LAST TRUE POETS OF THE SEA is a beautiful coming-of-age story. After her brother attempts suicide, he is sent..."
No Place Like Here

"When Ashlyn’s father goes to prison and her mother goes to rehab for depression, her world falls apart. Ashlyn’s father..."
No Place Like Here

"NO PLACE LIKE HERE is an engaging and summery YA contemporary that emphasizes healing and friendship. Ashlyn is at the..."
No Place Like Here

"NO PLACE LIKE HERE by Christina June is a YA contemporary novel set in the Pennsylvania wilderness. Ashlyn, an admittedly..."
Hidden Pieces

"As of chapter one, Embry is a senior in high school, a girl feeling adrift as Christmas approaches, and the..."
Night Music

"NIGHT MUSIC is a beautiful YA coming-of-age/romance that brings classical music front and center. Ruby Chertok is the youngest of..."
The Geography of Lost Things

"THE GEOGRAPHY OF LOST THINGS by Jessica Brody is a YA contemporary novel that begins with Ali needing to sell..."
A Sky for Us Alone

"A SKY FOR US ALONE by Kristin Russell is a YA coming-of-age novel filled with mystery and heartache. It’s set..."
Mother Tongue

"As MOTHER TONGUE by Julie Mayhew begins, eighteen-year-old Darya envisions the bits of freedom she'll enjoy once her little sister,..."
Unstoppable Moses

"Feedback I am going to admit that I would have never picked up this book if I wasn’t provided a..."
Aesop Lake

"I loved this book. As a mom of a gay child, I was very happy to read a realistic story..."
Going Places

"GOING PLACES by Kathryn Berla is a coming-of-age novel that follows Hudson Wheeler through his senior year of high school...."
Hidden Pieces

"I loved Stokes’ Girl Against the Universe, and was very excited to hear she was coming out with another book!..."
Twice Dead

"Feedback I absolutely loved this story! This book was never boring and always kept me wanting more. The beginning..."