Review Detail

Wonderful and Heartbreaking
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Oh, this book. THIS BOOK. I loved it, even though it broke my heart. I loved it because Dumbledore finally enlists Harry's help in unmasking Voldemort's past with an eye toward predicting the villain's next move. The history of both Voldemort and of the other characters I've come to love (Snape, Dumbledore, Sirius etc.) is as superbly rich in detail and nuance as any of Rowling's tales. But what really sets this book apart is the ending. (I figure it's too late for spoilers, but I'll be careful anyway.) I cried. Even though I realized it had to happen so that Harry would step up to the role that has been looming over his head since birth, it was a LOSS. Amazing book.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Incredible Animals

0.0 (0)
In this illustrated guide, discover fascinating and unusual information about...
Special Delivery

0.0 (0)
A lovely book to share with children in an expecting...
Eyelike Stickers: Trains

0.0 (0)
Hundreds of irresistible, reusable, and collectible stickers to mix, match,...

0.0 (0)
It is twenty years since the events of La Belle...
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

0.0 (0)
The first book in an epic and romantic YA series...
Winter Light

0.0 (0)
WINTER LIGHT is the story of 15-year-old Mary Donahue...
Talent

0.0 (0)
Sandee Mason is convinced her life will change if she...
WITHIN THE FOLDS OF A SWAN'S WINGS

0.0 (0)
What if the one element that has always defined you...
The Good Girls

0.0 (0)
One of Us Is Lying meets Sadie in this twisty,...
Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Iduna harbors a dark secret. On the surface, she...
All our Hidden Gifts

0.0 (0)
Maeve’s strangely astute tarot readings make her the talk of...

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Cassie needs a horse. She’s determined to move up...
A Higher Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 9)

0.0 (0)
Just when everything seems to be perfect, it all falls...
A Happier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 8)

0.0 (0)
Two guys. One girl. A big confusing mess. ...
A Healthier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 7)

0.0 (0)
She broke his heart. Will he ever forgive her? ...
A Steadier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 6)

0.0 (0)
He wants her back, but she’s already taken. ...

Latest Member Reviews

Pirate Nell's Tale to Tell

"PIRATE NELL'S TALE TO TELL is a charming picture book about Nell, who has always dreamed of being a pirate...."
Fable (Fable, #1)

"FABLE is a fascinating YA fantasy that takes on a sea voyage. Fable is a young woman whose father left..."
Daniela and the Pirate Girls

"DANIELA AND THE PIRATE GIRLS is a fun high-seas adventure about helping others and making new friends. Daniela is the..."
Second Star (The Neverland Transmissions)

"When Second Star by J.M. Sullivan was first brought to my attention, I noticed two things: the sci-fi cover and..."
Second Star (The Neverland Transmissions)

"SECOND STAR alternates POV between Peter and Wendy. It starts off with Peter sabotaging Captain Hooke's ship and stranding them..."
Emily Windsnap and the Pirate Prince (Emily Windsnap, #8)

"EMILY WINDSNAP AND THE PIRATE PRINCE is the eighth book in the Emily Windsnap series, but easily functions as a..."
These Rebel Waves

"THESE REBEL WAVES is the first book in a fantasy duology by Sara Raasch. The story is told in third..."
The Whydah: A Pirate Ship Feared, Wrecked, and Found

"Sandler brings history to life through the myths and legends of the Whydah, an 18th century pirate ship which sank..."
There Was an Old Pirate Who Swallowed a Map!

""There was an old pirate who swallowed a map. I don't know why she swallowed that map but it wasn't..."
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

"What can I say that hasn't already been said about this magnificent book? The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue..."

" The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue is a remarkable, witty, and outstanding adventure..."

"THE GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE follows Henry “Monty” Montague as he takes his grand tour across Europe with..."
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1)

"YA Fantasy, DAUGHTER OF THE PIRATE KING mixes the supernatural with good ol' piracy. Fans of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN..."
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1)

"Lift up your anchors and get ready to sail into a swashbuckling tale of pirates, swoons, magic, and the quest..."
Pirasaurs!

"What’s better than pirates? Dinosaur pirates! PIRASAURS! was such a delightful picture book. The second I began to read, I..."
The Watchmen of Port Fayt

"Underdog stories are my absolute favorite to read, especially when you have a hero who doesn’t have the slightest idea..."

"The crew of the Salty Bone is back, and Wally and Henry are glad to be part of the crew...."
Stowaway! (Puppy Pirates #1)

"Wally, the adorable puppy on the cover, has run away from the farm in search of a home... and adventure...."
Hook's Revenge (Hook's Revenge #1)

"What Left Me Wanting More: Let’s get the detraction out of the way first. Last year at BEA, I got..."
Magic Marks the Spot (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates #1)

"What I Liked: After my last middle grade was such a terrible dud, I was a bit afraid to embark..."