Review Detail

Fun retelling of Percy Jackson saga
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Mythological creatures only exist in stories, right? Well Percy finds out that somehow they really do exist. Even worse, somehow he's angered a few of them. He's accused of stealing Zeus's master lightning bolt. Now it's up to Percy to clear his name and also find out the truth about himself.

I totally loved this graphic novel adapation of THE LIGHTNING THIEF. The snarkiness of Percy is captured well. The adventures of Percy are fast paced and fun. Percy is a hero kids will cheer for. The action is quick paced. The dialogue is easy to follow too. This graphic novel is a fun adapation of the popular series.

One thing I love about this series is how the author takes ADHD and uses it as a strength. My own son has ADHD and let's just say it was great to finally have a hero he can look up to.

Can't wait for the second adaption in this series.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Sorcery of Thorns

0.0 (0)
All sorcerers are evil. Elisabeth has known that as long...
The Babysitters Coven

0.0 (0)
Adventures in Babysitting meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer in...
Loki: Where Mischief Lies

0.0 (0)
This is the first of three young adult novels from...
Who Put This Song On?

0.0 (0)
Trapped in sunny, stifling, small-town suburbia, seventeen-year-old Morgan knows why...
His Hideous Heart

0.0 (0)
Thirteen of YA’s most celebrated names reimagine Edgar Allan Poe’s...
Tweet Cute

0.0 (0)
Meet Pepper, swim team captain, chronic overachiever, and all-around perfectionist....
Imperfect: A Story of Body Image

0.0 (0)
Dounya, a Muslim girl living in Las Vegas, Nevada, shares...
Throw Like a Girl

0.0 (0)
Friday Night Lights meets Morgan Matson's The Unexpected Everything in...
The Boy Next Story

0.0 (0)
There’s no one better than the boy next door. At...
Darkblood Academy

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Darkblood—oops, I mean Darkhen Academy. There are...

0.0 (0)
Veronica sees ghosts―more specifically, her mother’s ghost. The afterimages of...
Travels with Sushi in the Land of the Mind

0.0 (0)
Aaron and Stella spend every summer at their grandparents’ house,...

Latest Member Reviews

Again, But Better

"The author’s writing style makes this book a joy to read from start to finish. I started reading it on..."
Again, But Better

"Shane is halfway through her junior year in college in 2011, and she's not happy. Stuck in a premed major..."
The Summer of '69

"Lucas' summer is ruined when his girlfriend Robin decides to be a camp counselor some distance from their Long Island..."
Unconventional Warfare (Special Forces, Book 1)

"Danny has a violent streak, frequently pounding on his younger brother for pounding on another brother. His single father has..."
Top Prospect

"After Travis' older brother Carter is signed with the Gainesville Gators football team, Travis is thrilled. He also feels a..."