Review Detail

Kids Fiction 2124
Fun from A to Z!
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Artsy Fartsy, by Karla Oceanak & Kendra Spanjer is a fun, creative, and funny comic novel.

When Aldos artsy fartsy grandmother gives him a new journal to sketch all of his ideas over the summer, Aldo is not exactly sure whether being artsy fartsy is cool or not.

His favorite activities are watching TV, playing video games, and reading comic books and none of those activities require much energy or imagination.

Aldo finally decides he might have just a tiny bit of artsy fartsiness in him and agrees to give the journal a try, but then his neighbor suggests that he should try writing in his sketchbook too! When is a kid supposed to get any time for relaxation over summer break!?

In this first book in the alphabetical comic series we get introduced to the characters, learn a lot of cool new "A" words, and get to solve a mystery with Aldo and his best friend Jack.

This 2009 Book of the Year Award finalist and 2010 Colorado Book Award finalist is sure to appeal to graphic novel lovers and Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans.

I cant wait to read the next book&Bogus!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Fence: Striking Distance

0.0 (0)
The boys of Kings Row bout with drama, rivalry, and...
Pirate Nell's Tale to Tell

0.0 (0)
From the author/illustrator team behind The Snatchabook comes a book-filled...
The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #2)

0.0 (0)
Once Upon a Time meets Game of Thrones in...
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

0.0 (0)
A broken world. An overwhelming evil. A team of...
Finding Balance

0.0 (0)
Jase Ellison doesnt remember having acute lymphocytic leukemia when...
Be a Voter!: 450 Stickers for Democracy

0.0 (0)
Get out the vote! It’s...
I Believe In You

0.0 (0)
A charming picture book that inspires confidence, boosts self-esteem, and...
Breathless

0.0 (0)
From Jennifer Niven, the #1 New York Times bestselling...
Of Thorns and Beauty (Twisted Pages Book 1)

0.0 (0)
You think you know the tale as old time,...
The Verity

0.0 (0)
When being eaten alive is the least of your...
Meanwhile

0.0 (0)
Celebrate 10 years of this completely original graphic novel take...
Grant Beagan: The Finder's Code

0.0 (0)
He’s just an ordinary teenager who likes astronomy, video games,...
Sting Magic

0.0 (0)
She has the wrong kind of magic but the right...
The Runaway (Barrett Boys #1)

0.0 (0)
He’s on the hunt for a fresh start. She’s trapped...
Fisher- Price Fun in the Jungle: Explore, Touch, and Feel

0.0 (0)
Children will love exploring the different textures in this playful...
Glitter Globes: The Night Before Christmas

0.0 (0)
On the night before Christmas, all over the house, not...

Latest Member Reviews

Goddess in the Machine (Goddess in the Machine, #1)

"Andra, a teenager from the 2160s, is put into cryogenic stasis fulling expecting to wake up on another planet one..."
They Wish They Were Us

"THEY WISH THEY WERE US is an engaging YA thriller reminiscent of GOSSIP GIRLS. The book follows Jill, who had..."
The Unleashed

"Hendricks and her family move to a rental after Steele House burned down. Her family tries to put that horrible..."

"Andra went into cryonic sleep for a hundred years for a trip across the universe to wake up as a..."
Layoverland

"'Layoverland' by Gabby Noone, despite being about a teenager who has died, ironically creates a very inviting atmosphere for readers..."
A Wicked Magic

"Friends Dan and Liss find a Black book of magic and try a spell. Only the spell goes terribly..."

"GODDESS IN THE MACHINE is a compelling YA sci-fi that follows Andra after she is woken up from cryo'sleep. Andra..."
The Kinder Poison

"THE KINDER POISON is a compelling and mind-blowing YA fantasy. Zahru lives in a kingdom of magic, but she inherited..."
The Small Crimes of Tiffany Templeton

"THE SMALL CRIMES OF TIFFANY TEMPLETON follow Tiffany after she has been released from reform school and returns to her..."
Reign of the Fallen

"WHAT I LOVED: The wealth of queer and POC representation is by far one of the best things about..."
The Haunted

"THE HAUNTED is a really fascinating YA horror that follows Hendricks, a teenage girl, after she moves into a haunted..."
The Haunted

"Hendricks and her family buy an old building in Drearford, New York after an incident. Her family 'hopes' this will..."
Song of the Dead (Reign of the Fallen #2)

"If you loved Reign of the Fallen, you will LOVE Song of the Dead. This book picks up right..."
Give The Dark My Love

""Give the Dark My Love" is a dark but engaging YA fantasy. Told in alternating perspectives, we follow two characters-..."
Give The Dark My Love

"Seventeen-year-old Nedra Brysstain leaves her small village to study medicinal alchemy at the famous Yugen Academy. She wants to be..."
A Torch Against The Night

"A fantastic sequel, "A Torch Against the Night" begins exactly where "An Ember in the Ashes" leaves off. Laia and..."
Reign of the Fallen

"I loved this book so much! I was ten pages in and knew then that I would. ..."
An Ember in the Ashes

""An Ember in the Ashes" is the captivating tale of a Scholar (race) named Laia and a Martial named Elias...."
An Ember in the Ashes

" A remarkable work of dark YA fantasy—beautifully crafted, and laden with Arabian mythology. Told in alternating dual POV..."
Night Shift

"With a memorable duo-chromatic cover and shadowy charcoal sketches, this little hardback is an effort to combine artistry and emotion...."