Review Detail

Kids Fiction 1925
Charming new heroine!
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Love is in the air! What do you get when you have a girl who just happens to love Jane Austen and helping in her parents bakery? One fun tale of matchmaking that goes wrong with hilarious results.

Twelve-year-old Polly Madassa loves Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Green Gables so much that she daydreams of helping others in her town achieve their own romances. When her parents ask her to be the delivery person for their bakery, an idea pops into her head. Why not bring delectable pastries with messages of love to those she feels need it? But quickly Polly finds out, just like Jane Austens, Emma, the pitfalls from mettling in matters of the heart. Still she continues on, hoping that somehow true love will run its course. With a little nudge from her!

I loved this story! This is a fun tale sure to captive those who love romance. I loved the unique voice of Polly. Shes adorable! Her sincere attempts at bringing romance to those around her kept me turning the pages. The author does a great job keeping Polly in character with how she speaks to the way she views the world around her. I couldnt help but cheer Polly on, even when her attempts backfire. Some of these love matches will have you laughing--like trying to bring a British sounding boy together with her older sister, to matching her best friend's father with the recently divorced piano teacher.

Pollys optimism is genuine and addictive. So is this story! Polly is sure to become a favorite heroine!

There is nothing vexing about this tale! This charming story will worm itself into your own heart.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account