Review Detail

The Gatekeepers return
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Reader reviewed by Julie H.

This series is perhaps a bit more suitable to a slightly older tween/teen than Horowitz's other series, Alex Rider. There is a lot of action and suspense as five teens realize their talents are from older beings and need to fight the encroaching evil that is threatening the world. This fourth installment in the series finds the main character, Matt, in Hong Kong, where he discovers the identity of the fifth Gatekeeper, Scar. The action is pretty much nonstop and sets us up for the next (final) story. Definitely waiting for number five!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

A Curse of Roses

0.0 (0)
Based on Portuguese legend, this #OwnVoices historical fantasy is an...
I Don't Want to Wash my Hands!

0.0 (0)
From beloved children's author and illustrator Tony Ross, comes a...
Dance Like a Leaf

0.0 (0)
As her grandmother's health declines, a young girl begins to...
The Bitterwine Oath

3.3 (2)

0.0 (0)
San Solano, Texas, is a quaint town known for...
Sing Like No One's Listening

0.0 (0)
A moving YA debut about a talented young singer...
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

0.0 (0)
The first book in an epic and romantic YA...
The Good Girls

0.0 (0)
One of Us Is Lying meets Sadie in this...
Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Iduna harbors a dark secret. On the surface,...
The Camelot Betrayal

0.0 (0)
The second book in a new fantasy trilogy from...

0.0 (0)
Every summer, they say goodbye. Dorit goes to Tel Aviv...
Incredible Animals

0.0 (0)
In this illustrated guide, discover fascinating and unusual information about...
Special Delivery

0.0 (0)
A lovely book to share with children in an expecting...
Eyelike Stickers: Trains

0.0 (0)
Hundreds of irresistible, reusable, and collectible stickers to mix, match,...

0.0 (0)
It is twenty years since the events of La Belle...
Winter Light

0.0 (0)
WINTER LIGHT is the story of 15-year-old Mary Donahue...

0.0 (0)
Fight like a magical girl in this paperback original contemporary...

Latest Member Reviews

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket #1)

"Great book! Great characters. Great classic. NOTICE! 100% BETTER THAN THE MOVIE! Best Part: "Daddy I want a squirrel!"..."
James and the Giant Peach

"Great book, my favorite part was when the peach landedon top of the Empire State Building, My #1 Dahl book..."
Boy: Tales of Childhood (Roald Dahl Autobiography #1)

"Roald Dahl relates his strongest memories of his childhood, mostly of his school years up to a little overview of..."

"I've read a few of Roald Dahl's book and have to say this is one of his best ones. It..."
The BFG

"Reader reviewed by Joyce Every child needs to read The BFG by R. Dahl. This is a delightful story about..."

"Reader reviewed by GRgenius Charlie Bucket is the lonely, but loved, little boy at the heart of this story. ..."
The BFG

"Reader reviewed by Bookworm The BFG is a great book for second to third graders. Dahl's way with words..."
The BFG

"Reader reviewed by Dede I really enjoyed the first part of this book, but after that it got repetitive and..."

"Reader reviewed by VictoriaD Charlie And the Chocolate Factory was one of my favorite books ever written by Roald..."
The BFG

"Reader reviewed by VictoriaD Roald Dahl had me hooked on The BFG like a fish on a fishing hook. Again,..."
Witches

"Reader reviewed by EshInoBi Hmmm... This book was okay... I'd recommend it for younger children, because most of it is..."
The BFG

"Reader reviewed by EshInoBi Well, well... This book was okay, I guess. It wasn't very lengthy, but to tell you..."
Danny, the Champion of the World

"Reader reviewed by EshInoBi This, I must say, is a great achievement. Well, compared to Roald Dahl's other books, I..."
Matilda

"Reader reviewed by K. Hager I absolutely loved this book. The character Matilda is so likable..."
Matilda

"Reader reviewed by Brittany Matilda is about a girl and she finds out that she has powers. Her family..."
Matilda

"Reader reviewed by Bella This book is absolutley dispicable,horrible,and unreal-and I absolutley LOVED it! ..."
Matilda

"Reader reviewed by Liz I loved this book soooo much i've read it tons and tons of times and also..."

"Reader reviewed by Sylvie I liked this book because of silliness and great word choice. When people talk ..."

"Reader reviewed by K.T. This book is a fantastic adventure story with the classic Roald Dahl twist,eccentric characters..."

"Reader reviewed by Amanda Though I read this book several times as a child, the last time was well over..."