Review Detail

And now, for the exciting conclusion...
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Well&sure good to be together again.  Arguing.  Almost dying.  Abject terror.  Oh, look.  Its our floor.

Percy Jackson returns, and this time hes fighting for his life, his friends, and the existence of Olympus and life as we know it.  Lord Kronos has gathered a massive army of Titans, gods, demons, monsters, and slighted demigods to help achieve his goal of destroying Mount Olympus and the gods that live there.  Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and the rest of the residents of Camp Half-Blood must do what they can to stop Kronos and his minions from taking down Olympus and ending the benefits our civilization reaps from the presence of the gods in America.  From attempting to convince their immortal parents to stand and fight on Olympus, to engaging in hand-to-hand combat with Kronos himself, this band of campers has a wild ride in store for them.

In this final novel of the Percy Jackson series, Percy worries that his fate may be sealed no matter what he does.  The Great Prophecy that hes heard so much about suggests that he will be forced to make a difficult choice, and that the outcome of any choice he makes will lead to his death.   Will he be strong enough to do what must be done, knowing all the while that this adventure may be his last?  This climactic battle, played out on the streets of Manhattan and high above the ground on the 600th floor of the Empire State Building, is Percys most exciting to date.  Familiar faces return, and terrifying new monsters are introduced.  Riordan continues to mix humor, action, and Greek mythology to build a tale that draws in readers and doesnt let go until the last page.  

Highly recommended for ages 10 and up.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Sorcery of Thorns

0.0 (0)
All sorcerers are evil. Elisabeth has known that as long...
The Babysitters Coven

0.0 (0)
Adventures in Babysitting meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer in...
Loki: Where Mischief Lies

0.0 (0)
This is the first of three young adult novels from...
Who Put This Song On?

0.0 (0)
Trapped in sunny, stifling, small-town suburbia, seventeen-year-old Morgan knows why...
His Hideous Heart

0.0 (0)
Thirteen of YA’s most celebrated names reimagine Edgar Allan Poe’s...
Tweet Cute

0.0 (0)
Meet Pepper, swim team captain, chronic overachiever, and all-around perfectionist....
Imperfect: A Story of Body Image

0.0 (0)
Dounya, a Muslim girl living in Las Vegas, Nevada, shares...
Throw Like a Girl

0.0 (0)
Friday Night Lights meets Morgan Matson's The Unexpected Everything in...
The Boy Next Story

0.0 (0)
There’s no one better than the boy next door. At...
Darkblood Academy

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Darkblood—oops, I mean Darkhen Academy. There are...

0.0 (0)
Veronica sees ghosts―more specifically, her mother’s ghost. The afterimages of...
Travels with Sushi in the Land of the Mind

0.0 (0)
Aaron and Stella spend every summer at their grandparents’ house,...
The C Word

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Addison: Secrets have a way of getting out. And...
Welcome to Chanu-Con!

0.0 (0)
Join Max and his sister Lila as they navigate their...
The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)

0.0 (0)
Princess Guinevere has come to Camelot to wed a...
Pax Novis (The Pax Archives, #1)

0.0 (0)
Cira Antares is deeply loyal to two things: Pax...

Latest Member Reviews

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles #1)

""The Kiss of Deception" is the story of Lia, a princess who has been betrothed for an alliance. The morning..."
Deception (Defiance #2)

""Deception" continues Rachel and Logan's story as the survivors of Baalboden head into Wasteland to make a new life for..."
Devils Unto Dust

"I just want to shake the authors hand. I use to read books all the time but It takes so..."
Exo
Exo

""Exo" is a really interesting YA sci-fi that follows a 17-year-old human a hundred years after Earth has been taken..."
Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2)

""Across a Star-Swept Sea" is an incredible sequel that introduces a new world and cast of characters, making it also..."
True Born

"“True Born” is one of my new favorites- a really fantastic YA fantasy. Lucinda (aka Lucy and Lu) and her..."
True Born

"TRUE BORN follows Lucy and her twin Margot as they deal with the drama and politics of a post-apocalyptic world...."
Devils Unto Dust

"In this alternative history the time after the Civil War has caused not only bad times to come to Daisy..."
The Foragers

"An intricate narrative bringing out a picturesque imagination of the author, reverberating unknown Ainu culture and the footprints of experiences,..."
The Foragers

"I love how each chapter is written from a different character's perspective, it's like mini stories within a bigger one...."
The Ship

"The Ship was a surprising read for me. Many Post-Apocalyptic novels jump right to the main events surrounding the action..."
Exo
Exo

"Suit up, sci-fi fans—this isn’t your standard fare alien invasion plot. Several generations after being overtaken by a..."
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) - Rick Yancey

"This book was a thrill ride! We start with Cassie. She's lost her mother in the 3rd way and her..."
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) - Rick Yancey

"This post-apocalyptic novel takes places in Dayton, Ohio following a wave of alien invasions that has devastated the Earth’s population..."
True Born

"This book is a light dystopian YA, with a persistently Urban Fantasy feel. An unmentioned number of..."
The Almost Girl

"What worked: Amazing futuristic world where Terminator meets Sliders with one kick ass heroine. Riven is a tough, hard..."
The Almost Girl

"Riven, the title character in Amalie Howard's THE ALMOST GIRL, is a teenager from another world and a warrior. She..."
Sojourn - The Deadlands

"Let me say that I loved this book! I read the first book, The Wildlands and thought it was wonderful,..."
The Last Kids on Earth

"Jack Sullivan's life as a foster child could be tough, but it was nothing compared to his life after the..."
Station Eleven

""Viola had a harrowing story about [...] walking alone for a hundred miles, whispering French to herself because all the..."