Review Detail

3.0 1
Kids Fiction 1516
codebreaker
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Reader reviewed by stephanie

Solving Zoe was really cute. The plot and the characters made the book really fun.

What I liked best about Solving Zoe was Zoe, the main character. She had a ton of character and I thought it was interesting that she was extremely good at ciphers. I tried looking at them and solving them...no such luck. Haha. Anyway, I thought Zoe was pretty in-depth person. She is really creative and I really liked that color code where 4=blue and so on [4 is the only one I remember].

And Lucas, he is a genius. Omg. There were some parts where I don't believe that he's only a 6th grader. Sometimes he seems really mature and grown-up but other times when he seems like what he is - a 6th grader. Like the part where he puts notes in people's locker because he wanted to show others what he thought of them. It was pretty immature but then again, there were times when he's a genius. Like trying to solve Mayan codes for his parents - things that no one could ever do.

This book is for a fun, relaxing, short read. So if you have time, pick this book up and learn about ciphers. :)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account