Review Detail

3.3 3
Kids Fiction 5584
Travel Team
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Reader reviewed by Nicole22

Travel Team is a wonderful sports fiction book, one of Mike Lupicas best. Danny Walker of Middletown just finds out he didnt make the Vikings travel team, that his dad played on and took to the Little League Basketball World Series. The worst part is, he got cut only because he is too short. So Dannys dad, Richie, decides to start a new team for all the kids, who got cut for the wrong reason.
As Danny expects they arent too good because they keep getting creamed, (until Richie decides to straighten out his life). Then Ty Ross, Middletowns number one player, joins the team. This is where you cant put it down. The team is now very good and the tournament is starting. You have to read this book to figure out how it ends.
This motivating story is outstanding, as are all of Mike Lupicas books, such as Heat, Wild Pitch, Red Zone, and Bump and Run. If you play basketball like me, you will love this book. We all can connect to this book because we remember times when you work your hardest, but its still not good enough, you keep trying still because you love it. That was a big strength of the book for me. This book starts little slow but thats the only problem. The rest is perfection. Written at about a 5th grade level, any one, from 10 and older would love this book. Its thrilling, motivating and very inspirational, I recommend it to all sports lovers.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account