Review Detail

4.8 11
Kids Fiction 3273
The Invetion of Hugo Cabret
Overall rating

Plot/Characters/Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Reader reviewed by Dustin

The Invention of Hugo Cabret is a page turning novel. That takes place in Paris. It is about a boy who lives with his father in the begging. But when his father found a metal man in the attic of the train station his dad is then lock in that attic and later the building is set on fire. His dad is later found dead. Hugo tried and tried to put the metal man back together but he just didnt have the right parts so he starts working at a toy booth for free and every day he would steal another part for the metal man. Then like clockwork the metal man started drawing a picture at the end of the picture the metal man sighed a name that name led to untold secrets.
There are a lot of good things about this book, but one it is mostly pictures. I think one reason why some people dont read this book is because it is so big people think I dont want to read a 500 page book but I think there is only like 150 pages of reading the rest is pictures.
This book is one of the very best books that I have ever read if I get a chance I will read it again. This is probably for 5th grade up to everyone. I would recommend this book to any one wanting to read a good book. Good job writing this book Brian Sleznick.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account