Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Let me start by saying I lost sleep over this book. It's one of those books that you start in the evening but absolutely have to stay up and finish.

After getting accepted to debut in the first ever girl K-Pop band from S.A.Y. Industries, Candace blows up her career before it can even start by calling out the gender bias among the company. However, she's surprised by the positive feedback she receives from the fans. They support her and want S.A.Y. Industries to bring her back. They also support her relationship with Youngbae, which is frowned upon by the company. With the overwhelming affect Candace has on the K-Pop industry, S.A.Y. has no other option but to sign her on. This time, it's with new management and a female CEO. So things have to be better, right?

As she navigates through the K-Pop world, Candace realizes how different things are when you're in the spotlight. Things like dating become harder and the fans can be quick to turn against you. Especially when another girl K-Pop group blows up and beats THE GIRLS in a music contest. It becomes more and more difficult for Candace to determine the difference between friends and those who are out to get her. Soon, she's finds her stress levels increasing and her mental health at risk. She has to do something fast to appease her fans and balance out her life as a star.

K-POP REVOLUTION is a riveting sequel to the YA Contemporary book K-POP CONFIDENTIAL where we see the music industry taking a drastic turn. The story focuses on Candace while also challenging all of the norms. The girl group called NEVERIDOL is composed of so many diverse characters and I love the different representations in this book. With the popularity K-Pop growing, this is the perfect duology for today's times. There's still that hint of romance but I like how it still isn't the focus of the story. I do wish there was a little more, but at the same time it makes this plot that much more unique.

Final Verdict: I recommend this for K-Pop fans who enjoy a diverse cast of characters. K-POP REVOLUTION is inspiring and encourages others to chase their dreams no matter what obstacles sit in the way.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account