Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Joshua's Island is an insightful and inspiring novel that makes you experience what the victims of bullying go through on a daily basis. Bullying is prominent in this day and age, especially since there's so many new ways to bully others through the internet. Joshua is picked on by the bully squad for years and is too frightened to seek out help. His other classmates are too intimidated to help and idly sit by. The first person to open her eyes to the bullying is Eve. With the help and support from Eve, things start taking a turn for the better for Joshua. And, there's also that touch of romance everyone loves.

With the alternating perspectives, you experience both sides of the story and I couldn't put it down. Patrick Hodges does an incredible job at making two completely different characters that we can fall in love with. His detailed encounters and character thought processes had me hooked.

This novel teaches the importance of standing up for others and that we need to work together to extinguish bullying. I highly recommend this novel and think it should be passed on to others. So, if you haven't read it, it should be your next read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account