Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I went into this book with a heavy heart considering certain circumstances that have occurred in my community over the last few years due to bullying. When I discovered the book's subject matter revolved around bullying, I was both intrigued and hesitant. I'm so very glad I read this book.

Every child should have an opportunity to read this book. Regardless if the form of bullying is physical or mental, kids need to know they are not alone and there are places to turn for help.

Adults need to read this book so they understand the reasons behind the child's reluctance to step forward. Notice the signs and keep open communication with your child.

I felt the author did a wonderful job driving both points home. The writing style sucks you in and keeps you engaged while reading, but you don't lose sight of the true concepts.

But aside from the bullying aspect, the book is also about a boy who finds himself. The characters are very relatable and with good morals. Exactly what I like out of characters. You simply can't help but adore them.

I highly recommend reading Joshua's Island, especially if you have children.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account