Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 175
While I enjoyed the characters, the plot wasn’t the best.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: Jet is one of those rocker, bad boys you can’t help but fall for. I liked that despite his image, he was a pretty caring guy. Not to say he wasn’t a play boy, but he definitely tries to do the right thing, especially when it comes to his family and friends, and he’s a very motivated and talented guy. I liked learning about him and his family and how Crownover built his character. Ayden wasn’t so bad herself. She had a pretty wild and crazy past and I liked that she’s trying to stand on her own and create a new life for herself. Their chemistry was pretty intense, but also pretty obvious (maybe a little too obvious) and even though their relationship was a bit cliche, it was still nice.

Left Me Wanting More: I was really hoping for more action or drama, especially when it came to the big “climactic scene”. After reading two of Crownover’s books, I’m seeing a pattern of something dangerous and dramatic that plagues her characters, of which usually have a pivotal climax before the sweet resolution. That was definitely missing here and it made the whole thing seem very lackluster and contrary to the buildup throughout the book.

Final Verdict: While it wasn’t as engaging as the other books in the series, it’s still a decent read and fans of Crownover’s will love getting to know another of the Marked Men!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account