Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is the first book I have read from this author. I was told by many bloggers and others that I should pick this one up and read it. I was also told to make sure that I stick with it, that I wouldn't regret it. I have to say that I am so happy I stuck with it. This is one amazing book.

It takes a bit to get into to this book, but if you stick with it I promise you will happy that you did. In the beginning it can seem a little confusing. We are thrown into Taylor's world right from the start without any explanation and it is hard to tell which end it up. But the story does eventually work itself out. We get to a point where we settle in and can't help but fall in love with the characters in Taylor's life and those from her families past.

One thing that I really loved about this book is that it is told from past and present. One from the view of Taylor which is present and one from a journal of sorts told from Hannah's point of view which is past. It did take me a bit to realize this but once I did I loved it.

Much of this story is about Taylor trying to find her find way in life after being abandoned at a 7-eleven by her mother. Taylor pieces her life and her families life together with the help of Hannah's journal and some of her friends. I loved seeing Taylor find her way and find out who she is.

Perhaps my favorite character is Jonah Griggs. He is just plain utterly amazing. He reveals some pretty raw truths about this life to Taylor that just about broke my heart. At one point I was reading in my office and I yelled out "holy hell" then proceeded to cry.

This is a beautiful novel that has some very heartbreaking and amazing moments. Make sure you stick with it, you will not be disappointed.

Review originally posted at my blog: http://www.ramblingsofabooknerd.com/2013/03/review-jellicoe-road-by-melina-marchetta.html
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account