Review Detail

Important lessons with beautiful artwork
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

It's Up To Us is such an amazing learning resource to have, whether for students, your own children, or maybe even yourself.

The illustrations, from an impressive 33 artists, give It's Up To Us life, each in their own unique way. They are beautifully done with an amazing attention to detail. Not only do the illustrators themselves come from a variety of cultures and ethnicities, but their images show this diversity as well, including disabilities.
I like that there was a section near the back of the book that included profiles of all the different illustrators. It was a nice, little bonus to learn a bit more about them and their backgrounds.

The book includes the Terra Carta mission, geared towards children, written by the Prince of Wales in the UK, to take care of our planet. I loved that it mentions peoples from all over the world, from different backgrounds.

There are four short sections in this book; they are Nature, People, Planet and Terra Carta. Through them, what we get from nature and what we need to do for nature are laid out in simple terms.
The authors writing style is perfect for ages 6-10. He educates the reader, but never bogs the book down by over explaining or using difficult scientific words to instill fear - instead he offers hope.

The fact that this book was printed sustainably is a happy and important fact to point out - they cover this at the end of the book and it is really neat information to have.

This is most definitely a book that I will continue to read with my children often.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account