Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
In the novel, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, Meggie’s father, Mortimer, has the ability to read people out of books and into them. Throughout the course of the book, many characters are read out from books and Meggie’s mother was read into a book one night when Mortimer was reading to Meggie. One of the characters that came out of the book, Capricorn, doesn’t let Mortimer try and save his wife and wants to use his powers for his own benefits. What will happen in order to save her?

The book is unpredictable because you don’t know what Meggie and Mortimer will do in order to save their mother. It gets very interesting because I think the setting is perfect for the mood. At times in the book, when the mood is gloomy, the setting is normally at night. I started liking the book, right when I started reading it because it contains many different types of fantasy, such as a magical creature. Although sometimes in the book it gets a bit boring, I’m always attracted to keep reading because the author uses detailed descriptions to describe every scene in the book. The author uses interesting dialogue by throwing in big adjectives making it more detailed. Also, there is always a picture of something related to the chapter at the end of each chapter. I personally like how the author uses pictures at the end of each chapter because usually the pictures are attractive. For example, one of them is the drawn picture of a characters pet. The drawings and pictures are really realistic as if you can imagine it right then. This gives a better picture of what is happening.

Throughout the story, the characters are believable because of their actions and character traits. Meggie is a young brave girl who goes on the journey to try and save her mother. They face many difficulties on the way. As the story progresses, She grows both mentally and physically showing more responsibilities that she can handle. On the other hand, Capricorn, an evil boss that came out of a book, is greedy and only cares about himself. He calls Mortimer to his village so he can make Mortimer read him books that will give him money, hoping to become rich.

Overall I would give this book a 4 or 5 star rating because sometimes I feel like the author can express more on something or make a different ending, but the book is still very interesting. I would suggest this book to anyone who likes fantasy and suspenseful stories. They will enjoy the book a lot.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account