Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First of all Ive read many reviews and comments about the book dealing with Rape, drugs and other dark issues, being a young adult book maybe its not suitable?

I don't feel this is the case... This book is dark but its dealing with the dark court of the fey. The issues that arise in this book are well placed and in context, its important to telling the story.

Books are for learning and I feel its important young people learn about such serious issues, and if more people wrote about them then maybe we wouldn't have as many young people committing suicide because of bullying etc.

Anyways on to the story!

Leslie is a strong character even though we see her depending on others through out the book we also see her make tough choices and survive time and again... with an absent mother, a drunk father and a druggie brother the mortals in this book seems as bad as the non humans.

Even the people who were supposed to be looking out for her I feel did it for there own manipulation. Keenan as a character Ive grown to detest!! hes sneaky and shady and not true to the person he portrays... it really made me so sad to see what he did to Niall in this book. At least with those in the dark court you know what they are they don't pretend to be anything else.

Aislinn I didn't feel was much better, yes she had her court try to protect Seth and Leslie but her lies but them in danger... she also knew how bad Leslie's life was, about the rape but at one point in the book practically called her easy! HORRIBLE!

Niall my heart broke for, he was so genuine and fought his own urges to try and keep Leslie safe I feel his love for her was real. He was a fabulous strong male character he didn't pretend he was perfect, he knew he had faults but he did his best to stay on the right track. I couldn't get enough of him in this story! I hope he stays the same..
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account